The only gripe I have with this place is that I did not get any sleep at all with the noise from the AC. The AC sounded like a generator. Actually the noise was not a problem, because I can tolerate it as background noise. However, the AC has an internal thermostat that allowed itself to automatically turn on and off. So, it woke me every time it turn on with all the noise. It was like off for 5 min, on for 30 min, off for 5 min and so on. It must have turned on/off a 100 times throughout the night. This is a bit of an exaggeration but you get the point.
if you're lucky enough to get a quieter AC, then I think you would enjoy your stay here. The bed is pretty comfy (that's a lot coming from someone who's used to a tempurpedic bed), the work desk is decent sized and bathroom is super clean. Also, if you're getting breakfast here, try the blueberry muffin, it's probably the best muffin I've ever tasted- it is super moist and not throat-constricting sweet. Or if you missed breakfast, check the front desk sitting area for leftover muffins.
I probably wouldn't return here just because I don't want to risk it and i was not able to do what I came and pay for-- sleep.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Inn Austin Capitol Hotel Austin
- La Quinta Inn Austin Capitol Hotel
- La Quinta Austin
- Austin La Quinta
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Austin Capitol Texas
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The La Quinta Inn Austin Capitol is located in the heart of downtown Austin near the Texas State Capitol Complex and the University of Texas Campus. With La Quinta as your home base, you have easy access to all popular area attractions: Sixth Street Dining and Entertainment...see more District, West End Shops and restaurants, a local brewery, the Convention Center, and Texas State History Museum. Tour the area in a "Duck", a six-wheel drive military power vehicle. View a massive population of bats at the "Bat Bridge". Ride the Austin Steam Train. Visit LBJ Wildflower Center, Austin Children's Museum, Alamo Drafthouse Cinema, LBJ Library, or cheer on your favorite University of Texas sports team. You can do it all from here! Start each day at the La Quinta Inn Austin Capitol with a Free Bright Side Breakfast� arranged by our friendly staff. Enjoy free wireless high-speed Internet access in the lobby. We have a 24-hour fitness center to get you going and a refreshing swimming pool to cool you down. Capitol Metro Buses stop across from our driveway. The hotel is easily accessible, just 3 blocks west of I-35, and within walking distance of all major area attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Amex, Olotels, LaQuinta, Travelocity, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Venere and Tingo so you can book your La Quinta Inn & Suites Austin Capitol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.