After traveling and staying in the Four Seasons and the Ritz Carlton, I can tell you that the staff at the InterContinental Austin was 4 steps above the Ritz and 1 step above the Four Seasons. It is a smaller property wonderfully located in downtown Austin, as opposed to the giant properties of the Ritz and Four Seasons.
Albert and Juan took care of our every need at breakfast, dinner and drinks in the bar. They were amazing and very friendly. We looked forward to them each and every morning.
Madison at the front desk was very friendly and on top of things.
Tricia at the concierge desk couldn't have been more helpful. She was able to get us a car and driver on F1 race day, when there were no cars available. She also guided us to a local car rental facility when we decided to drive out of the city.
Aidan in valet was helpful with where to eat and all sorts of other aspects of making our trip hassle-free.
Robert brought our bags to our room and was always there with a smile and a warm greeting when we returned to the hotel.
The hotel is a very old hotel that has been renovated and with what space they had to work with, it turned out quite nice. The location was perfectly placed in the city and within walking distance of amazing restaurants, bars, the capitol building and Whole Foods. ;)
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Stephen f. Austin Hotel Austin
- Intercontinental Stephen f. Austin Hotel
- Intercontinental Stephen f Austin
- Intercontinental Austin
- InterContinental Stephen F. Austin Texas
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Affectionately known as the 'Stephen F' by native Austinites, the InterContinental Stephen F. Austin has been part of the city scene for more than 60 years. A central location three blocks from the Capitol puts you within walking distance of the Bob Bullock Texas State History Museum, the University of Texas and the Town Lake Hike and Bike Trail. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Venere so you can book your InterContinental Stephen F. Austin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.