This hotel was not unique, and the only part of my stay that was surprising was the room’s layout (instead of facing the wall, the bed faced the window). All of this should be considered positive. There are hotels that specialize in certain experiences and themes, but this is simply a functional, well maintained place to rest and store luggage.
The best aspect of this hotel is the value. This value is derived from a location within walking distance of many great sights and eateries, and 6th Street’s attractions as well. The price is usually very reasonable, unless there is a major event taking place in that area. This trip occurred during the ROT Rally, and I definitely appreciated being able to walk to the delicious food at the Bistro, but being a little further from the growling engines of the bikes that prowled the 6th Street strip.
The staff was young and enthusiastic, and decently competent and speedy. There is complimentary wi-fi in the lobby, and I think in the rooms too. The property seems clean and well designed and it seems like a great place to stay for business or with the family.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Austin Downtown/ Hotel Austin
- Courtyard Austin Downtown/ Hotel
- Courtyard Austin Downtown
- Courtyard Austin
- Austin Courtyard
- Austin Marriott
- Courtyard Austin Downtown / Convention Center Texas
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The newly-renovated Courtyard Austin Downtown/Convention center is conveniently located in the heart of downtown, adjacent to the Austin Convention Center. Guests will love this ideal location within walking distance of many of Austin’s favorites, such as the 6th St. music scene, the State Capitol, the University of Texas, The Austin Interactive and Music Festivals, and the trendy Warehouse District. The brand new lobby is highlighted by free WiFi, private media pod work stations, and the touch-screen GoBoard that highlights all the local events, weather, and traffic conditions. The renovated Guest Rooms offer the perfect balance of productivity with large work station with ergonomic chairs and relaxation with luxury bedding and flat-screen TVs with premium cable and free HBO. Try out our indoor pool and 24-hr fitness center to get your workout on the road. Onsite dining options include Champions Sports Bar featuring 24 HD TVs and 25 Draft Beers, and also the Starbucks Coffee Shop offering delicious pastries and their signature coffees. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Courtyard Austin Downtown / Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.