My husband and I reserved this hotel for the Cherry Blossom Festival for eight nights. Although we had booked our room two months in advance (plus we received a re-confirmation email from the hotel just before we arrived), we were still bumped out to their sister hotel Ritz-Carlton for the first night due to serious over-booking. My husband and I were not happy about that at all but it was a complimentary night with free breakfast and valet parking. When we returned to Marriott the next morning, an extremely helpful and caring supervisor, Keisha, had given us an upgraded corner suite at the concierge floor. That one-bedroom suite was very spacious with two big windows and some views. Being on the concierge floor, we were given free breakfast, snacks, drinks, and hors d'oeuvres in the evenings (Sundays to Thursdays). Also, as promised by the front desk staff, Jennifer, we had the complimentary parking for our entire stay.
The staff in the Restaurant Mez was very courteous and friendly. In busy mornings, even the Director had to come out to serve the customers. Their buffet breakfast was plenty to choose from: omelette station, bacon & sausages, potatoes, breads and bagels, smoked salmon, yogurt and fruits...etc. The lady, Elizabeth, who worked at the special dining room on 16th floor, was also very friendly, polite and cheerful.
After we checked-out, we realized that we were unable to start our car because it had been sitting in the garage for almost an entire week (tips: it was hard to find a parking spot anywhere in D.C., Metro was the most convenient public transport to see the attractions). The battery was just plain flat! Once again, the parking staff at the main entrance insisted to help us to do a jump-start although I told him that I had already called AAA.
In short, the over-booking policy has made their front desk staff very difficult to perform their job well, but my experience told me that most of their staff are working extremely hard to make sure YOU are a happy and satisfied customer. We had a wonderful stay at this hotel, thank you very much to the staff at the front desk, the restaurant, the cleaning lady of our room, the parking staff and the staff from the information desk and the concierge.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Crystal Gateway Hotel Arlington
- Marriott Crystal Gateway Hotel
- Crystal Gateway Marriott
- Marriott Hotel Crystal Gateway
- Marriott Arlington
- Arlington Marriott
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Crystal Gateway Marriott offers an ideal location for vacations, business trips and weekend getaways. We are only one mile from Reagan National Airport and provide complimentary shuttle service to and from for our guests.The Crystal City underground can be accessed from our lobby offering direct access to the Metro system and a multitude of restaurants and shopping. Guests can also take advantage of complimentary WiFi in our lobby and multiple dining options within the hotel including Einstein Bagels. We're also minutes from the sites and sounds of Georgetown, Old Town Alexandria and unbelievable shopping at The Fashion Centre at Pentagon City. Our hotel provides 34,300 sq. ft. of meeting space and 27 meeting rooms with an on-site business center and Hertz rental desk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your Marriott Crystal Gateway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.