The couple that runs this pousada are two wonderful human beings. I cannot recommend them any more highly. Unfortunately, while we were staying with them my companion fell and broke his hip (we didn't realize it at the time). When bad things happen, you find out what people are really like and we experienced the kindness of the Brazilian people firsthand. Owners Adriana and Christophe, in particular, were ACTIVELY HELPFUL. She went and picked up a prescription. She sent emails and made phone calls to our next two hotels because we didn't know what was going to happen. She advised me about the best way to deal with TAM airlines and the flight we missed and the flight we had to purchase. She took me to a pharmacy that sold crutches and advised me to buy them when I didn't have a clue what was going on (the orthopedist said "no break") and it was the best thing I did. Christophe cooked us meals when his kitchen would have normally been closed. He picked up my friend and carried him in to his room when we arrived by taxi from the local hospital. These two people were my friends when I needed a friend. It was a sad experience that my friend was hurt, but a wonderful experience at the same time because of the owners of this pousada.
The pousada is not located in the heart of Paraty, but it is also near a very cool place called Murycana and some great trails. There is bus/van service into town and Adriana drove us too.
- Also Known As:
- Pousada Caminho Do Ouro Paraty
- Pousada Caminho Do Ouro Paraty, Brazil
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Caminho do Ouro is located 6 km from Paraty´s historic centre. It features air-conditioned rooms, a French restaurant and a deck overlooking the rapids of a river among exuberant vegetation.The rooms at Pousada Caminho do Ouro have a cosy, rustic décor. They are equipped with queen beds, satellite TV and minibar. Accommodation includes free Wi-fi access and free parking.Served on the deck, breakfast consists of items like tropical fruit, crepes, madeleines and omelettes. At Voilà Bistrot, guests savour other specialities prepared with truffles, foie gras and game meats.For relaxation, Caminho do Ouro offers balconies with hammocks, massage room, reading kiosk and river beach. Guests can also watch exotic birds in the hotel´s surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Pousada Caminho do Ouro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.