We spent three days in the hotel as part of a driving tour of Alabama. We were happy with the hotel which, whilst a little more basic than the other hotels we stayed in, was neverthless comfortable and good value for money. The room was a bit dated but equippped with a small kitchen area and a reasonable bathroom. The bed was comfortable but the air conditioning unit, whilst efficient, was too loud to have on during the night.
The hotel had a nice looking pool and a small gym. You could even do your washing for a small fee in the coin laundry. On weekdays there was the manager's reception with free drinks and nibbles. You also got a breakfast which was adequate. The hotel is situated near the Interstate south of the city in an area where there are plenty of restaurants within walking distance. There is also a retail park nearby with a wal-mart if you fancy self catering.
The best aspect had to be the friendly staff including the manager who was very kken to converse with the customers and never seemed to be away from the place. Overall, not a bad place to stay if you are visiting Birmingham.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Carlton Hotel Birmingham
- Best Western Plus Carlton Hotel
- Best Western Carlton Hotel
- Best Western Birmingham
- Birmingham Best Western
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All suites hotel, free full hot cooked breakfast buffet, managers reception Mon-Thus, indoor heated swimming pool, fitness and business center, 42" flat screen tv's, washer/dryer room, free high speed internet and local calls, microwave/refrigerator, coffee maker, iron/board. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Travelocity and Best Western so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Carlton Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.