If you want to stay someplace that is clean, nice, and on the beach in Elmina, then Coconut Grove is a good choice. They take advantage of their ocean front property here, the restaurant and bar both face the sea. I was staying in a room in the main building, which was fine and comfortable, but for $130/night, I was expecting a few more luxuries.
We did walk around the property a bit and I saw that they have beach front cottages which are right on the ocean and have porches facing the sea. These looked a step up from the rooms we had (though I didn't see inside) and seemed quite lovely.
The food was more than decent. The breakfast buffet had a full range of options (pasteries, omlet station, fresh fruit, etc), and the seafood was excellent. Try the grilled lobster with garlic butter - simply amazing! And you get 2 lobsters for 24 cedis, so it's good value for money as well.
- Also Known As:
- Coconut Grove Beach Hotel Elmina
- Coconut Grove Beach Hotel
- Coconut Grove Beach Elmina
- Coconut Grove Beach Resort Ghana/Elmina
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Coconut Grove Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.