We visited Misty Mountain in Dec 2011 as part of our Kerala trip. I would like to pen down the following for the benefit of fellow travellers:-
1. Location location and more location. The location is truly lovely, with the hotel sitting atop a hill overlooking the valley below and the misty hills far away. The only problem that one might face is that because the location is at some distance from the nearest town i.e. Munnar with no visible means of public transportation nearby, you would be likely to face some problems in case you do not have transport of your own. In case you do not want to have hotel food, you can visit the little shack right opposite the hotel on the highway. It sells hot and great omelette and parathas. Or you can walk a km down to the to the bazaar and have food at numerous joints on both sides of the road. Quality: OK.
2. The rooms (Deluxe) are a tad small but definitely clean and very well kept. The mountain/garden view rooms are claustrophobic. It is better to book valley view rooms. The provision of an electric kettle with tea /coffee/milk sachets and sugar cubes was expected but absent.
3. The continental plan breakfast was tasty, hot and with reasonable variety. There were adequate and quick refills and one hotel exec was always in attendance during breakfast times. The only drawback was that what was touted as ‘fruit juice’ was in fact some bottled fruit drink , in all probability ‘Maaza’/ ‘Fruity’ and it was a sugar laden syrupy monstrosity and on one occasion was totally watered down. In absolute contradiction to the quality of the rest of the meal.
4. Room service was lethargic. Request for towels was made but the towel was received almost two hours later.
5. There is a lovely rooftop garden which one must visit. It is not exactly ‘rooftop’, more accurately, it is situated on the hill slope behind the hotel and a bridge connects the roof to the hill slope. One must visit it at sunset and at sunrise for breathtaking views and also for a close inspection of interesting plants like the cardamom.
6. The facilities for restrooms for the chauffeurs who are bringing guests to the hotel are totally inadequate. A dormitory for them with bunk beds/ adequate bedding and adequate toilet/bathing facilities would definitely improve the name of the hotel.
7. In all, a great place to stay while at Munnar. But do take Valley View rooms only.
Do insist on 'Valley View' rooms only
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC
Thank you Sir for your detailed review, even though it is of your stay with us nearly 7 months ago.
Report response as inappropriate
Glad you loved our location and the view.
Think you have overlooked the presence of a bus stop bang opposite the resort, probably adjacent to the shack from which you enjoyed food.. Due to this convenience factor, many of our guests utilise public transport for their trips to the city and especially enjoy the view from atop the bus.
Sir, I have noted your comments regarding the juice supplied with the buffet breakfast (whose quality otherwise you have thankfully appreciated!). We purchase frozen guava/passion fruit/pineapple pulp from a reputed farm nearby so rest assured regarding the quality but I have put in a strong word to ensure uniform and good consistency during the mixing henceforth. Apologise profusely for the issue faced – if only ou had pointed out it to our Chef then & there itself…
Also thank you so much for appreciating the hard work of our gardener “thaatha” (grandpa in Tamil).
It is quite a sight for sore eyes – to watch the sprightly sixty plus happily running around the whole day attending to our garden slopes (assisted by younger staff) he is an inspiration to many of us here at Misty .
Sir, Our driver facilities have been upgraded hence and we hope to shift parking to an adjacent plot with accommodation very soon.
Once again, appreciate your taking the time to write and guide future travelers to Misty Mountain.
We look forward to hosting your good self and family soon…!
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC