This hotel is paradise right near the Aguascalientes train station. It is situated in a cloud forest with many trails and manicured gardens. We stayed here one night and arrived around 10am by train from Ollantaytambo. Our room was not ready but we went through the check-in process so we only had to pick up our room key when the room became available. Since we didn't plan on going to Machu Picchu until 1pm (to avoid all the morning tourists) we were invited to join an Eco tour. Our guide was Cecelia and she was fantastic. She knew the names of all the flora and birds and was a wealth of information. We've been on many Eco tours around the world including tours in the Amazon and Galapagos and Cecelia was as good or better than any of the guides we've had.
There are many species of birds and as a photographer I had a great time shooting pictures of them all. Bring your zoom lens if you plan to stay here!
After we returned from Machu Picchu, we picked up our room key and went to our room. The room was nice with a fireplace, king sized bed and large bathroom. As other reviewers have pointed out there are no TV's in the room but we didn't care; we weren't here to watch TV. In the evenings the lobby has a roaring fireplace with lots of comfortable couches and chairs to sit on and relax and mingle with the other guests. There is also free wifi if you want to use your laptop or iPad.
Our dinner was fantastic! It's a limited menu but everything we had was well presented and tasted delicious. The passion fruit pisco sour was great too!
After dinner we had reserved two 25 minute massages for myself and my wife. They were really good. As good as any massages we have had in other parts of the world and very reasonably priced at $35 US.
If I had to say anything negative about the hotel it would be that we started to run out of hot water during the second shower in the morning. The water heaters should be big enough to support two people showering since the rooms are for two people. Nevertheless, we loved this hotel and if I had known what it was like, we would have planned to stay an extra day.
- Also Known As:
- Inkaterra Hotel Machu Picchu
- Machu Picchu Pueblo Hotel
- Machu Picchu Inkaterra Hotel
- Pueblo Hotel Machu Picchu
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This enchanting Andean village hotel is located within 12.3 acres of pristine cloud forest. The spectacular grounds are laced with paths that wind past waterfalls and trails, and organic gardens that wander through the misty forest. A place to relax, while exploring nature and encountering the wonders of the Incan civilization, experiencing authentic travel. Our suites are part of Relais & Châteaux. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Inkaterra Machu Picchu Pueblo Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.