1. Hotel rooms: we stayed for 3 nights at this B&B. The place is decorated to look like a mini business-class hotel. It is impeccably clean, and the western-style bathroom has an excellent, excellent shower. You have to turn the water heater on for 10-15 minutes first, but this is standard in India. The hotel also has two small dining tables and serves solid good food for lunch and dinner. The included buffet breakfast was very decent and you can order a freshly made omelette too.
2. The staff: the staff is not chatty but very friendly and super helpful. They were all honest, good people and we enjoyed interacting them. The owner lives off the premise but he visits the hotel a few times a day. He was very pleasant to talk to.
3. Location: the hotel is in a very safe middle-class neighbourhood. If anyone finds this noisy, they must not have stayed at any other city in India. Indian cities are busy and honking horns is a standard driving signal. In India you can't get away from sounds even in rural areas. Cab and tuk tuk drivers do have to ask for directions when they get close, but this seems to be a common way of navigation in Delhi since it's a very large city with many winding side alleys. Don't stress about it. Everybody found it without taking that much time. Just don't forget to carry the address with you so you can easily show it to the driver.
3. Shopping tip: the hotel is fairly close to the rather small N-Block market, which has almost all my favourite Indian textile/clothing stores in one place: Fabindia, Anokhi, Cottons, and Kilol. The Fabindia here is the first and largest in India. The market is a quiet shopping plaza with absolutely no touts. It makes a very pleasant shopping experience. The restaurant there, Zaffran, is great.
4. Airport tip: the hotel's airport pickup service is double what you'd pay with a metered cab. If you don't need the convenience, it's very easy to get into a cab at the airport. Meru cabs at the airport is a very reputable company.
- Also Known As:
- Red Maple Hotel
- Red Maple Hotel New Delhi
- Red Maple b&b
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Red Maple Bed and Breakfast is the latest in Perfection of home stay in New Delhi! Quality Accommodation ideal for Leisure and business travelers and International service standards, it offers luxury at its very best at affordable prices. Centrally located, professionally managed and with rare reviews from clients. Feel the difference of staying with international Star facilities in a luxury home. Directions - Directions to Red Maple BB. Just before entry to South Extension PART ONE Market (approx 10 Yards). You will find main Entry Road leading to South Ext Part I, neighborhood. You will notice and pass McDonalds Restaurant on the right hand side. Keep on going on this road and take the 4th right turn, when you see a municipality board with "Amrit Nagar" written on it. Immediately take the first left, drive for approx 50 yards. As soon as you see the Park, you will notice the property stands out in White on the right hand side. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, HostelWorld, Booking.com and Otel so you can book your Red Maple Bed and Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.