The hotel is said to be a 3-star, and was not cheap either (costed me Rs.2350 per night). Here is the list of issues faced in a one-night stay-
1. They didn't have the basic amenities like 'Hot Water' (I am not talking about 24 hour hot water here, they didn't even have it in the mornings! Gave stupid excuses for not being able to provide it) When asked for hot water, they delivered 'boiling hot water' in buckets. I have a small kid, and I can say that such boiling hot water could easily lead to a mishap.
2. They don't have any power backups either, which was hard to believe for a hotel of this price!
3. We couldn't sleep the entire night because there was so much noise coming from outside. There was some function in a house nearby, and they had loud music being played.
4. And the worst was still to come. They boast of a car parking as well (which is a rarity in Shimla). But it is such a steep and narrow road that you would feel lucky to come out of that hotel scarfree... Parking strip is so bad that its almost terrfiying.
5. Location is the worst part of all. If you wanted to go to the mall from that hotel (which is the main tourist attraction in shimla), you would really test your stamina. Its around 1 KM walk to the mall, but the worst part is again the steep climb from the hotel, which is very tiring for even a fit person.
Avoid this hotel at all costs, the best thing I did was to book it for one night only. Go for 'combermere' (luxury class) OR Cosmos (budget class)
Note- This hotel doesn't deserve to be in the top hotels of Shimla, I have to say that it seems they got bogus reviews written for them on tripadvisor, This hotel is a RECIPE FOR DISASTER!
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC
5 May 2012
Report response as inappropriate
Greetings from all at Silverine!
First I would like to update you that we are not a 3 Star property we are a 3 Star Equivalent and are a mid-segment property. The tariff for the room that you booked which is a Deluxe room is INR 2300/- Plus 17.42% Taxes = INR 2700/- further the room that was provided to you was Executive Room which was a complimentary room upgrade from Hotel’s side the price for which is INR 3500/- Plus 17.42% Taxes = INR 4110/- and the tariff of our Hotel has not been increased since 29th March 2009.
We regret the inconvenience caused as per the issues mentioned kindly take note:
1. We have Solar Water Heating System of Capacity of 4000 Ltrs. Unfortunately we were sold out during your stay and the entire tank for hot water was consumed by the other client’s staying at the hotel, we understand at one point of time we were left with slightly heated water but then for heating 4000 ltrs of cold water of Shimla Temprature will take anything from 4 hrs to 6 hrs hence to avoid any further inconvenience water was provided to remaining few room guest’s in buckets and was boiling hot so that it can be mixed with cold water and used so that one bucket can serve the purpose of two. Further I you would have asked we would have provided additional empty bucket so that the water can be easily utilized without mishaps.
2. The Hotel’s having power back up’s in Shimla are of 4* Equivalent properties or higher categories,further the need for the same is not there as the power cuts are very rare and very brief in Shimla I belive during your stay as well the power cut was for hardly 5 minutes give or take a couple of minutes.
3. Regarding the function OUTSIDE the hotel it was a religious function a “Jaagran” and the music being played was “Bhajan” and “Kirtan” and religious songs which even the local authorities will not interrupt keeping in mind the religious sentiments of the public just for your information there is Hospital as well right opposite the hotel, even we were getting hard time sleeping but we sincerely apologize on behalf of our neighbours for keeping the “Jaagran” on exact same dates that you were staying in our Hotel.
4. We do have a car parking at the hotel and cars as big as Innova’s, Scorpio, for that matter Pajero and Outlander can also come to the hotel and we are the only hotel in The Mall Road area to have a parking of 10 to 15 cars, the road is steep we admit that infact if you would have inquired at the hotel before coming we would have updated you regarding the approach if you had come by a personal car we usually provide our drivers to get the cars to the Hotel parking as they are drive Innova’s daily on the same narrow stretch and if you had hired a taxi then I can’t imagine how a professional driver had an issue with the road as client’s and drivers get their cars to the hotel on daily basis. Further the entire 100mtr Approx. stretch is metalled.
5. As we come to The Mall road the 1st Commercial Building of The Mall Road is 100mtrs from our hotel and Mall Road itself is over 5 Kms in Length now how far you have to go on the Mall will define the distance of The Mall Road from the hotel for eg. CTO building on the other end of the Mall Road is Approx. 1.5 Kms from the Hotel, further as updated if you would have inquired about the approach to the hotel we would have updated you regarding the steep stretch of approx 100mtrs which separates the hotel from the mall road and considering hill stations like Shimla “Steep” is unavoidable and is something that we can’t do much about.
We do belive that our staff must have followed up with you regarding the stay which is a standard with us none of this was updated to us infact according to what you said at the hotel it was a nice stay further we don’t compare ourselves with any other property in Shimla be is budget or luxury we belive in providing services to the best of our category where in your case we already upgraded you where we could have denied the booking as it was last minute booking from an online company.
And regarding the bogus reviews we have had both good and bad reviews from all kinds of clients and in our industry we can’t satisfy everyone but I can vouch for the authenticity of the reviews because if you wan’t I can even get you the contact details of client’s who stayed with us and shared their feedbacks with us you can personally get in touch with the clients to check the authenticity of the same. The good ones are always appreciated, if there is genuine issue that was reported we take it quite seriously and ensure a similar issue is never repeated, honestly I don’t know what improvements we need to make from the above, guess it was just the timings were not quite right from your stay here.
Senior Management Team
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC