I saw the poor review for this hotel before we made reservations but we had never had problems with Country Inn & Suites before so I booked it. The suite seemed nice enough when we first entered but the closer we looked the more we saw that gave indications of a lack of general maintaince. Cracked tiles, old caulk, items that looked like that had been poorly repaired. It only got worse, we arrived at the room late, after a couple of hours my wife turned down the sheet only to find hair between them. We called the front desk and aske for another set of sheets and that is all we got, the night guard knocked on the door, said "you asked for new sheets", handed them to me and left. Once we all settled down we began hearing running water in the wall of the master closet, not just when someone flushed a toilet but all night, it was one of the strangest things we have come across. We had an early start the next day so I went to get a shower before breakfast and found that the they had one of the nice curtain rods that bow out to make the shower feel better but the only shower curtain that they had stopped before the top of the tub!!!! If I had taken a shower I would have drowned the people in the room below us becaue the curtain hung about 18 inches outside the tub. I had to take a tub hurried tub bath.
After breakfast I did complain to the front desk person and he seemed under whelmed by adventure. I think I got a sorry for your inconvience out of him but it was less than heartfelt.
I am not swearing off of Country Inn & suites just this one. Do your self a favor, believe the review and stay away even a motel 6 might be an upgrade.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn & Suites - Huntsville Hotel
- Country Inn & Suites - Huntsville Hotel Huntsville
- Country Inn And Suites - Huntsville
- Huntsville Country Inn
- Country Inn Huntsville
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Country Inn & Suites by CarlsonIt is our pleasure to welcome you to our property. We are now under new ownership and our property will start undergoing upgrade modifications starting July 1, 2013. We are excited to bring new life back in to a beautiful property. We hope to win the hearts of those who are loyal to the Carlson brand and touch the hearts of those who have never stayed with this brand before. The management & staff have accepted the charge of revitalizing the property and making each guest feel like they are part of a family. If you are traveling with kids or on business we are within walking distance of Chilli’s , Papa Gyro, TGI Friday, Newk’s, Chick Fil A, Hooters, Pizza Hut, Denny’s, Casa Blanca Mexican Cantina, Taco Bell, Krystal's and Madison Square Mall. We have a few rooms dedicated to families traveling with pets ($25.00 per night additional charge). Welcome & we hope you enjoy your stay! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Carlson, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Country Inn & Suites - Huntsville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.