The view can't be beat; the person who booked our zipline tours was more than friendly. they even let us use the phone to call the US because we had a death in the family during our stay. the grounds are fantastic, the pool is beautiful. it's tough to get to but so worth it. the horses are 25 years old. i felt like i was riding a grandfather... they could barely walk. miguel takes excellent care of them and is a great guide but perhaps the hotel should look into letting these guys "retire". the drive up is a steep adventure but the road is well maintained
Pros: view, pool, patios on superior rooms, chalets
cons: hard beds, food is just okay for the price; some items very good, some just okay. the waiter who served our breakfast, lunch and dinner the first few days was openly adn extremely rude, not just to us but to other guests as well. we stopped eating at their restaurant because we were actually scared to have him serve us. when he had his day off, another waiter (esteban?) was just as kind as could be to us.
if not for the one extremely rude waiter, this place would get 5 stars.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Arenal Hotel
- Arenal Lodge Costa Rica/La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arenal Lodge provides guests with the excitement of staying in an authentic rainforest lodge with breathtaking panoramic views of Costa Rica’s famous Arenal Volcano and Lake Arenal. Guests will enjoy a casual and relaxed rustic lodge setting with the added value of a complimentary breakfast daily. Located on 2000-acres of beautiful tropical rainforest, the lodge is situated near Arenal Volcano National Park. The lodge is surrounded by rainforest - housing hundreds of exotic birds, small animals and the beautiful tropical flowers and trees of Costa Rica. and is it's own local tourist attraction due to its exclusive location with breathtaking panoramic views of Arenal Volcano and Lake Arenal. The lodge features a full service restaurant with local and international cuisine, gift shop, three heated outdoor Jacuzzi's, an infinite edge swimming pool, walking trails, a butterfly garden, horseback riding, a game-room and outdoor playground for children, fitness room, sauna, and free wireless high speed internet access.Guest rooms and suites feature cable TV, telephone, coffee maker, clock radio, and all have private baths. Complimentary crib and wheel chair are available on request. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Priceline and Tingo so you can book your Arenal Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.