Given the fleabag nature of this place, and the rude management, It should be telling that most of negative reviews are responded to by management blaming the guest or claiming that the review is a lie. Well the negative reviews are true. If you are a dirty old man looking for skanky prostitutes this is the place for you. Everyone else stay away. One night was enough for us to see that this was not the place for a couple with the slightest bit of class or standards.
Understand we are no prudes. We have been to Hedo, Desire, and on Lifestyle cruises. Copacabana is nothing like those places. It is more like a seedy hotel near the airport that rents its rooms by the hour.
Some truths that the management wants to hide: The entire property is small, less than an acre, with no grounds other than the concrete around the pool. A lane with parked delivery trucks separates the resort from the beach, and from that lane it is several hundred yards to the beach. The rooms are cramped and old, they reminded me of a dorm room. The nude pool is tiny (smaller than the hot tub at Hedo or Desire) and separated from the rest of the resort with a chain link fence. They have no security and allow anyone to just walk right onto the property and into the nude area to look around at any time. The "spa" is a tiny above ground hot tub that is luke warm. The main pool was green and unusable the day we were there. In the evening prostitutes, and gross men looking for prostitutes, take over the "sports bar" area. My wife was harassed by a disgusting 40 something man who did not understand that no means no and also by the pimp who did not appreciate having other women there. When we complained the manager told us to "loosen up" and made a rude comment about my wife's breasts.
In sum if you looking for what this place "offers" just go to seediest place near your local airport. Or just stay someplace nicer in Jaco and visit Copacabana since they just let anybody in at any time. If you are a couple with the slightest bit of self respect save your dignity and do not visit the Copacabana.
- Also Known As:
- Copacabana Hotel And Suites
- Copacabana Hotel Jaco
- Copacabana Hotel & Suites Costa Rica/Jaco
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Copacabana Hotel is the only Adult, Clothing Optional, Beach Front Resort in Costa Rica the area. Is nestled in the famous town of Jaco, on the beach in Costa Rica’s Central Pacific Region. Our resort offers a party atmosphere with daily and nightly activities, pool parties, live music, karaoke, DJ’s, theme parties, and much more and spectacular views of the sunset. Our knowledgeable, friendly and hospitable staff looks forward to welcoming you to one of the most relaxed and friendliest ocean front resort in Costa Rica. While staying with us, enjoy a relaxing massage or other spa treatments in our new spa, Coconut Palms. Enjoy fine dining or local dishes in our on-site ocean front restaurant, Ocean Waves with a large menu Seafood, BBQ, from asian to mexican to italian to peruvian. Have a drink, catch up on the game and make new friends at Naked Iguana Sports and Wet Bar and restaurant. We offer two swimming pools one clothing optional and one nude and nude Jacuzzi. Inquire at our front desk about fishing charters, tours and golf packages. We are certain that your visit to the Copacabana Hotel and Suites will be a lasting memory. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Otel, Priceline and Tingo so you can book your Copacabana Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.