Returned 29/5 from two week break, our second stay at this hotel, emailed in advance and were given the room we asked for. All staff from gardeners to reception are friendly and welcoming especially if you take the time to talk to them. Rooms are large and comfortable and cleaned daily, food is good but be prepared to mix your selection and the restaurant staff , chefs and waiters, are superb.
We spent our time on the beach, but wherever you decide to go there's plenty of room. Snacks available at the pool bar for lunch were well prepared and the hazelnut ice cream is a must try. Sun is up and hot by 6am but the cool breeze across the beach made the sunbathing comfortable, the sea is warm, inviting and easily accessible whether you want to snorkel - and the fish are stunning and spectacular - or just take a cooling dip. Check out the mangroves at the end of the beach, many people were walking along to them turning around and walking back but they are stuffed with sea life and all accessible on foot.
Evenings are warm but with no mosquitoes to worry about, we slept most nights with our patio door open. Dinner is casual dress although men need to wear long trousers and evening entertainment is limited.
Transfer is 2 1/2hours but access through the airport is quick and efficient and the hotel is well worth the trek.
We love it! It's a relaxing holiday where you can do as much or as little as you want and will definetly be returning, not it seems though with Thomas Cook who for some inexplicable reason have not included this hotel in their brochure for for next year. no wonder they're struggling.
- Also Known As:
- Sentido Oriental Dream Hotel Marsa Alam
- Sentido Oriental Dream Hotel
- Hotel Sentido Oriental Dream
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Sentido Oriental Dream Resort! Nestled in an expansive landscape and 40 km from the airport, this elegant five-star resort offers you relaxing moments on a private beach. The contrast between desert, sea and mountains give the world a completely fresh aspect. The breathtaking sunsets, the turquoise sea and the magnificent coral reefs will enchant you. Unique preserved location for quiet vacation with an array of water sports activities and the desert discovery. The resort offers a 24-hour front desk, multilingual staff, Guest Relation desk, bell captain, limousine service and lots more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia and Tingo so you can book your SENTIDO Oriental Dream Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.