If you need to stay near the OR Tambo Airport, this is the place! The staff will collect you or if driving yourself, it is really easy to find. It is only about a 10 minute drive from the airport along the motorway to Pretoria. Behind the security fence is another world - thatched cottages, the main lodge with restaurant, bar, lounge area complete with internet, outside are beautiful gardens and a pool.
We initially stayed one night on our arrival in South Africa in a family room. It was huge as was the bathroom and all extremely comfortable. There are tea and coffee making facilities in the rooms.The food in the restaurant was tasty and served with a smile. Breakfast next morning was equally impressive with a large range to choose from, cereals, fruit, hot and cold dishes, croissants, muffins, tea, coffee etc.
On our return to Johannesburg we decided to stay again and this time had a room in the main lodge. It was a massive room, with two double beds, lounge chairs, desk, the bathroom had double sinks, bath and shower.
Not only is the accommodation fantastic, but the staff are too - always smiling, friendly and helpful. Safari Club is a much better option than the sterile environment of a hotel and great value for money. Well done to the the owners and staff.... keep doing what you're doing.
- Also Known As:
- Safari Club Hotel Kempton Park
- Safari Club Hotel
- Safari Hotel Johannesburg
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Free Transfers to and from Johannesburg International Airport. Luxury Accommodation, 4 minutes from Airport ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda and Travelocity so you can book your Safari Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.