We stayed for 1 night, as we had a connecting flight the morning after arriving.
The guest house is pretty nice, inside: nice interior and décor, nice rooms (although, the bathroom is open, so don't stay with someone you're not comfortable with!) and they have a nice DVD collection, and you can watch a movie in your room. Outside it looks a little shabby, the pool was dirty. It seems to be in a residential neighborhood, kind of far from everything.
Initially, we had 3 rooms - unfortunately one of the three was very far away from the other two, and standing alone - after an initial inspection we decided to squeeze in the two rooms in the main house, as this one stank and we didn't feel very safe to leave 1 person that far away from the others, knowing how dangerous Johannesburg can be.
We had breakfast that morning, the breakfast is pretty nice but you have the feeling that you're completely alone, as we barely got to see any staff. The hotel manager rushed through the room once, barely said hi.
We weren't very lucky with the transfers. Upon arrival, we didn't find the guy greeting us at the airport - we had to phone the hotel up and find him, and we found out he was waiting for us at the international arrivals, even though we gave him our flight details (we were arriving from Cape Town).
Then, he finally found us (by miracle by the way, because the names he had written on the paper were not ours) and he brought us to the guest house - which turned out being much further away than we expected, it took us about 20 minutes to get there (with NO traffic).
In the morning, we had booked a transfer at 8:30 in order to catch our flight, and we were ready on time to hop on the car. But no car was there! Nobody was around to give us information on where the car was and when we finally found someone to ask, we found out that the hotel manager, who was driving that morning, had left without us and was on his way back to the hotel (by the way: he had seen us at breakfast and didn't tell us he was ready to leave, at least to hurry up). He finally arrived after 10 minutes, and we hopped on - nevertheless he disappeared, looking for someone else, and we got really upset as we were risking to lose our flight. He was also very rude to us, as we told him that he had to hurry up... we ended up leaving the hotel at 8:50 am, losing our buffer time, and catched our flight only by miracle thanks to a fast run through the terminal. We found the attitude of the hotel manager very unprofessional.
I definitely don't recommend this place if you're in a hurry, if you want to stay near the airport or if you have some time to kill and you want to hang out in the neighborhood.
- Also Known As:
- African Moon Corporate House Hotel
- African Moon Corporate House Hotel Kempton Park
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- African Moon Corporate Business & Guest House Accommodation African Moon Corporate Guest House & Corporate Business Accommodation offers exceptional 4 Star accommodation only ten minutes drive from the OR Tambo International Airport and is situated within walking distance from shops, restaurants and other amenities.A luxurious corporate retreat with 24 spacious bedrooms, en-suite bathrooms all equipped with the latest communication and entertainment systems. Relax at the swimming pool have a sundowner at the bar or sit down and enjoy a scrumptious business meal with colleagues. We invite you to join us for great hospitality in a stylish and modern corporate business guest house. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with T4B, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your African Moon Corporate House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.