When we booked this lovely lodge for our much anticipated honeymoon, we had no idea we would be in for such a perfect holiday.
From start to finish, everything was immaculate and professional but with such a personable edge you cannot help but feel that you are staying with really attentive friends.
We were met at Johannesburg airport by Ranger Kris who drove both us and another lovely couple also staying at the lodge to our home for the next 5 nights. While still en route to the lodge, we were asked by Carlene if we fancied meeting up with the guests who were already out on the evening game drive, to which the answer was obviously "yes"!
After the drive, we came back to our room (we had the honeymoon chalet) with our bags waiting for us, the bed turned down and some yummy sweeties on the pillow. After a quick change, it was off for dinner where we got to know the other guests staying at the lodge over a wonderfully delicious meal prepared by chef Gerard (great success!!)
We did both the morning and afternoon game drives everyday except on the day we went to Kruger which is an absolute must to see as many of the 'big 5' as possible. That said, for us, the on-reserve trips we took at Vuyani were actually preferable to taking days out. This is because our Rangers, Kris and Pierre were so knowledgable and friendly and also there is such a freedom to being able to take off through the bush in search of lions/rhino/leopard and actually tracking them down. We saw plenty of animals this way and found that we really loved spotting the less famous or less glamourous animals and learning about them too.
Special mentions go to Carlene, Gerard, Kris and Pierre who all made the experience that bit more special (if that was possible).
We both came home full of utter excitement about our amazing trip and desperate to plan a return visit. The place really does get under your skin and this is both due to the stunning beauty of South Africa and also the warmth, care and attention of the staff.
- Also Known As:
- Vuyani Safari Hotel Hoedspruit
- Vuyani Safari Hotel
- Vuyani Safari Lodge South Africa/Hoedspruit
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Vuyani Safari Lodge is located on the 36,000 acres Moditlo Private Game Reserve, next to the Kruger National Park, at the foot of the Drakensberg mountain range. It is one of South Africa's premier luxury safari lodges in the country's most famous area for African wildlife. The Vuyani Safari Lodge is the only lodge on this reserve, and with only 5 suites, it offers one of the most exclusive African safari experiences in South Africa. The reserve offers a unique opportunity to observe all of Africa's large game such as the lion, leopard, rhino, elephant, hippo and crocodile as well as some of the very rarest species, amongst others the wild dog, the brown hyena, the ground hornbill and several other highly endangered animals. Almost 400 various species of birds have been counted. Some of the rarest European migratory birds visit the reserve in the European winter months. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Jetsetter, Expedia, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Vuyani Safari Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.