We reserved and pre-paid for our room through Expedia - a room with two Queen beds and a fold-out couch. When we arrived we were given a room with ONE queen bed and a fold-out couch. They unapologetically said they were sold out of the room type we had reserved and paid for, and that they couldn't control what Expedia sold. I find this shady as my understanding is that the hotel sells an inventory of specific room types to Expedia. Apparently, the Nautical Beachfront Resort then sells the same room to a higher bidder, not going through Expedia. We were told to check back to see if any rooms opened up... over the weekend... in July... at Havasu... Not surprisingly, that didn't happen. Nor did they offer to keep US updated and upgrade us to the room we had reserved without our continuously checking. They waived our resort fee for the first night only after our insistence they do SOMETHING. In all fairness, because we had pre-paid through Expedia, this was about the best they could do. I mean, they could have also been nice, but clearly my expectations as a paying customer at a place that bills itself as a "resort" are far too high.
We settled into our dog-friendly room, sans any kind of doggie welcome packet as advertised, and unfolded the sleeper sofa to find crumbs and dirty sheets on the bedding that obviously hadn't been changed. New sheets were delivered and we made up the bed which consisted of fabric covered springs and no padding to speak of. The floor was preferable.
The room itself was rather outdated, but things worked - until our last night when some workers blew a transformer and left us without power for about 4 hours. The surge fried my husband's phone charger, for which we were again credited one night's resort fee.
The pool ran out of towels while we were there. The doggie business park was a small patch of fenced-in dirt.
The housekeeping staff was really friendly toward my dog, they were super nice. It was convenient to be on the beach and have a courtesy dock for the boat overnight. The restaurant there was completely decent.
They need new management and a training overhaul of the front desk staff. Awful, just awful. I will never stay there again and will lodge a complaint with Expedia.
- Also Known As:
- The Nautical Beachfront Hotel Lake Havasu City
- The Nautical Beachfront Hotel
- Nautical Beachfront Hotel
- The Nautical Beachfront Resort Lake Havasu City, Arizona
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arizona's ONLY All-Beachfront Resort Features:• 138 Beachfront, Lake-View Accommodations• The Famous Turtle Grill & Turtle Beach Bar•Arizona's largest infinity-edge pool WET. Beachfront Convenience Store and Boutique• Water Sports/Boat/Personal Watercraft Rental Facility on Property• Indoor and Outdoor Meeting Facilities and Venues• Private Boat Launch and Beach Mooring• 18-Hole Golf Course adjacent to The Nautical• One mile from the World Famous London Bridge and Shopping ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, EasyToBook, Olotels, Tingo and Otel so you can book your The Nautical Beachfront Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.