We had never stayed in a Taj hotel before, and we were very impressed. The rooms were very clean and nicely decorated. Our window looked out to St. George's Cathedral and Table Mountain in the background. I could lay on the bed for hours and watch the clouds roll off the top of Table Mountain and fall down the side. It was absolutely stunning.
Service was nearly flawless, and the restaurants were delicious. The breakfast buffet was fantastic. The hotel staff were all very friendly and highly accommodating for us and for our kids (ages 7, 9, and 14).
I'm not sure how the few negative reviews posted here are justified. Sounds like some high-maintenance people who got their feathers ruffled by some minor things. I rate this one a solid 5 star!
- Also Known As:
- Taj Cape Town Hotel Cape Town Central
- Taj Cape Town Hotel
- Taj Cape Town South Africa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A modern-day landmark in the historic heart of the city, Taj Cape Town blends contemporary elegance and old-world charm in an unforgettable experience. The hotel will continue to uphold the traditions of unparalleled luxury and impeccable service that, for over a century, have been the hallmarks of Taj Hotels Resorts and Palaces. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Travelocity, Tablet Hotels, Otel, Amex, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your Taj Cape Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.