Booked this hotel through a travel agent in Australia before travelling to South Africa. Cape Town was our last stop for 3 nights, after doing a 3 week camping tour from Johannesburg on an overland truck - so we were very excited for a lovely hotel room, and a bit of comfort. From the outside the hotel looks outstanding. Very modern front, and looks new. Upon entering the staff at reception were mostly friendly, and we travelled upstairs to our room. We were given 2 single beds (as a married couple who had spent 3 weeks in tents, this was less than ideal!!) and if you pushed them together there was a noticeable ridge between the 2 mattresses, so we slept separately for the remainder of our trip. The room was also quite average, there was no fridge in the room, the air conditioning controls were broken and hanging off the wall, and the bath was dirty. There is also no real privacy, as we found that sound travelled VERY well between rooms. There was no safe in our room which was a real concern for us, with our passports, cash, and souvenirs we had purchased along our way.
However, one good upside was the location. Very close to the heart of the city, but far enough away not to be bothered by drunks late at night. Also very close to V & A, and the Hop On Hop Off sightseeing route.
Breakfast was of a great standard every morning and the staff always had smiles on their faces. When our transfer failed to pick us up on the last morning, the staff were very proactive in chasing it up for us, and arranging an alternative as soon as possible.
Overall, reasonable value for money, useable facilities, great location and friendly staff. Just don't expect too much in the way of comfort. I'd recommend this hotel if you don't plan on spending much time in your room.
- Also Known As:
- St Georges Cape Town
- St Georges Hotel Cape Town
- Hotel St Georges
- Hotel On St Georges Cape Town, South Africa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel on St. George’s is conveniently located on the foreshore, the major hub of Cape Town’s legal, financial and publishing district. This location enjoys the convenience of being a few minutes’ walk from Cape Town CBD, Cape Town International Convention Centre and the world renowned V&A Waterfront and 22 kilometers from Cape Town International Airport. The Hotel offers affordable accommodation combined with conference facilities backed by a professional and dedicated team. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Otel, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your Hotel on St Georges reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.