We stayed here in Feb 2012 with a toddler and were impressed with the hotel. The rooms were nice and renovated with great views and the food was great. Breakfast was excellent with a great variety but the service at breakfast was terrible with the waiters neglecting our table and we had to for example order toast about 3 times.
The hotel is mainly for business people and although has a nice pool area there is no garden for children and the pool area is small.
The hotel has a complimentary shuttle service to the V & A waterfront which is an added plus.
The most impressive part of the hotel was the chef called Layla who prepared fresh fish for our toddler every night and evern arrived to the room to meet him on the last night with a little backpack and some goodies as a gift.
All in a all a nice hotel for a short stay.
- Also Known As:
- Southern Sun The Cullinan Hotel Cape Town Central
- Southern Sun The Cullinan Hotel
- Southern Sun Cullinan
- Cullinan Hotel
- Cullinan Hotel Cape Town
- Southern Sun The Cullinan Cape Town, South Africa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only The Cullinan Hotel offers views of all of the Mother City’s main attractions: Table Mountain, the harbour and ocean, the V&A Waterfront and the city skyline. Marble pillars and floors and lush furnishings, transport guests into a world of luxury complete with individualized four-star services. A pool and gym offer the perfect way to relax after a day of business meetings or sightseeing and the choice of bars and restaurants is sure to meet everyone’s tastes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Southern Sun The Cullinan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.