I've stayed at Liberty Lodge several times as I go to Cape Town a couple of times a year. I love that the owner, Ruth, will always prebook popular restaurants and events for me so I can just feel like a local as soon as I arrive. If you are travelling on your own, ask for the small bedroom that has private access onto the breakfast courtyard in the afternoon and evening! It's a great place to read and have a glass of wine in the early evening if you've been running around in the sun all day! I find it amusing to listen in on some of the breakfast conversation, too! There's an individually prepared hot breakfast on offer, but I often stick to the fresh fruit and cereal and head back to bed!
Liberty Lodge is in a great location - walking distance to lots of restaurants and shops, so you don't feel you're tied to your car all the time. It's also central enough to taxi to Camp's Bay or the Waterfront in a few minutes for an upmarket night out. The view of Table Mountain is a constant thrill, too.
- Also Known As:
- Liberty Lodge Bed And Breakfast
- Liberty Hotel
- Liberty Hotel Cape Town Central
- Liberty Lodge Cape Town, South Africa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Over the years, this classic Cape Town bed & breakfast has earned an enviable reputation for relaxed and genuine hospitality. Originally a Victorian gentleman's house, Liberty Lodge became a fabric emporium and even a bordello in the 1940s! Today, it combines a skillful mix of Victorian, Art Deco and contemporary decor, with some stunning feature pieces. Perfectly situated to make the most of your Cape Town holiday or business trip, Liberty Lodge sits on the lower slopes between Table Mountain cable car station and Cape Town CBD. Restaurants and cafes abound in trendy Tamboerskloof and tourist sights are in close proximity. The four uniquely decorated rooms are equipped with air-conditioning and heaters, an electronic wall safe, hairdryer, a range of toiletries and most importantly comfortable beds! Complimentary wi-fi and safe on street parking is available. A hearty hot and cold breakfast is served every morning to set you up for the day either inside or outside in the charming ground-floor greenery courtyard. This homely Tamboerskloof Bed and Breakfast provides your respite from a busy day and is run by owner, Ruth Parsons, who extends a warm, personal welcome. Liberty Lodge appeals to young and old, singles and couples, on holiday or working, all of whom know that convivial surroundings and a comfortable bed waits.No Children under 12 allowed!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your Liberty Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.