We stayed here for three nights in mid October 2011. We had a very late arrival (about midnight) and our drive from the airport took us throught the worst neighborhood I have ever been in, drug dealers lined the street with sex shops and prostitutes on every corner...this is 3 blocks from the hotel! We had booked a 2 bedroom apartment, for the three of us single ladies. The front desk was surly and seem to think we were bothering him when we checked in.The first bedroom, although small, did have the advertised view of the ocean. The second bedroom, with 2 twin beds, was so small that we could not bring in our suitcases. We had to leave them in the living room. There was a closet, but it took up all the available wall space, moast of the floor space and held the water heater. The window in the second bedroom faced an interior hallway where the security lights are on all night. There were only blinds across the window and it was like trying to sleep in daylight...not a good situation for restful sleep. There are two bathrooms, but only 1 shower...the master only has a tub, so we ended up sharing a single bath anyway. The water pressure was fine if you wanted a cold shower, when you added hot it reduced to a trickle.The furnishings were spartan and worn, not even close to the pictures they posted. Access to the 'beach', if you can call a strip of wet sand up to a sea wall patrolled by security 24/7 a beach, was through the back hallway and storage area for the restuarant attached to the hotel next door. It felt like we were escaping a prison to try and navigate to the water! There was no room service. No Amenities..we had to ask for extra TP and coffee since the maids do not resupply when they clean. Yes, it was a short drive to the V & A Waterfront, but quite frankly EVERYTHING in Cape Town is a short drive to the V & A Waterfront. The self-catering aspect would have been better if there were any stores nearby to get supplies. This is NOT a 4 Star anything...Stay in Camp's Bay or Downtown instead...it would be a MUCH better experience.
- Also Known As:
- Sunstays Lagoon Beach Apartments Hotel Milnerton
- Sunstays Lagoon Beach Apartments Hotel
- Lagoon Beach Apartments Milnerton
- Sunstays Lagoon Beach Apartments Cape Town/Milnerton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sunstays Lagoon Beach four star accommodation consists of a variety of self-catering apartments and Superior Suites on the beach. A mere 10 minutes drive from the Cape Town city bowl with private balconies with views of table mountain. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Sunstays Lagoon Beach Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.