Nice venue, acceptable food (only sometimes very good), great entertainment for kids, excellent night shows and entertainment, plenty of sun beds and umbrellas, beach directly in front of the hotel, beautiful gardens, different restaurants (two on charge), acceptable house keeping, but very very crap service. Since our previous stay the service quality dropped a lot. The only thing that improved is the level of the waiters, now they at least pretend to understand you if you speak English, before if you were not speaking either Turkish or Russian they were simply ignoring you, laughing at you, so that you had to ask drinks at dinner and lunch about 5 times.
Here what happened during our last holiday in Rixos Belek:
1. While booking we've asked for 2 connected room or a family suit and they told us that in the main building there were only standard rooms. Only in the TROY area (completely detached from the main services and facilities but with the plus of dolphinarium on charge, aquatic park, etc) they told us they have junior suites. When we arrived we discovered by chance that on the 5th floor there are plenty of family suites.
2. We've asked via the operator ( Tez Tour - Moscow), we've sent personally an e-mail detailing our requests and we called the hotel to double check, before our departure. We only wanted a double room with 2 single beds for our children and 1 double for us. At our arrival (8.30pm) the room had 1 single bed and a baby cot. We've asked to change the cot with a single standard bed. They came after 5 minutes with a bed where we've found chocolate candy papers in between the mattress and the bed lateral frame, with the option of not changed bed linen.
3. Since they gave us a room in the oldest part of the hotel, the bathroom didn't have any door, it was exactly above the area where all the providers kept on coming and going to drop and pick up goods and stuff (a lot of noise because it was also near the same area of the hotel next to our one). It was incredibly far from any of the lift and in the first day we got lost 3 times. When we went to the guest relation office to open a claim they've said that it was our choice to have such a room, because we've asked for one big enough for 2 adults and 2 children. Actually they denied us one of the existing family suit of the 5th floor, when we booked!
4. On the third day of our stay the upper frame piece of the entrance door fell on my husband's head while he was exiting. When I called, they told that they would have sent somebody to fix it in 10 min. A part from the fact that they came after 1 hour, nobody said something like "we're very sorry for the inconvenient and potential hazard".
5. On the second day the Internet wi-fi connection stopped working and the room land line phone stopped ringing. On the third day I called again to ask for somebody to come to repair them. Nobody came. At that point I called the reception to open a formal claim. They told me to call the gust relation desk, who told me to call another number where nobody was answering. I called again the guest relation and they told me that I was doing the wrong number. It is actually far too difficult to dial 445! How could I make a mistake? After 1 hour and 5 attempts somebody answer, got my claim and then answered me: "yes madam, I understand, but you have to call the guest relation for this issues" WHAT?!? At that point it was totally clear to me that they were hopeless.
On the fourth day, after a notice to the reception and another to the guest relation desk, somebody from the IT Dep. came. He told that the room was too far from the access point that was in the other garden and that he would have been back in 5 minutes. He came after 30 min, and at that point the girls were already sleeping, with a Cisco hub coming directly from the Flinstones Age. Of course it was not working. He offered to come back in 1 hour with another one. I told him to drop it in front of my door to avoid to wake up the children. He knocked again! I told him to give it to me because I' m able to connect an AP. He told me he would have come back during our dinner to avoid to disturb again! Of course nobody came and the following morning I had to call again and finally came back the same technician with a working AP.. As far as concern the phone, the technician came two times but he hadn't been able to fix the problem. No more ringing phone.
6.While coming back from the Spa, we stopped at the main corridor little lateral bar (not the main lounge bar or the coffee shop, or the little bar in front of the reception area) to get two juices for the girls. Since they we're not serving us, we sit on the bar counter highchairs. The barman literally scolded us, because we were not supposed to sit there while wearing the bath-robe. When I gently made my point clear to him (rules are rules but must be properly communicated and that was just a tiny bar counter in a corridor) he immediately served me with the most yucky espresso of all my life.
What a pity! Such a nice venue, specially for families, such a poor service!
The hilarious thing is that the marketing positioning of the hotel is luxury premium. Yes, a part from the service of a two star hotel. It could happen to you to have girls on skates asking you at the pool area if you want a drink or to have your sunglasses cleaned but plan also to be ignored if you have any problem.
It seems that their attitude is: "Since we're offering the best, if something goes wrong it is not our business"
Avoid room 2475 and all that corridor.
Ask for family suite on the 5th floor if you are more than 3...
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC
21 May 2012
Dear Mrs Elena;
Report response as inappropriate
Thank you for posting your opinion on Trip Advisor . We are sorry that you were unsatisfied with your stay in our hotel. First of all we would like to kindly inform you that we have international standard service to our guest that’s why many of our staff are fluent in many different languages.Only as an additional details and clarify some doubts allow us to add that sometimes information received with reservation does not specify that your room has an extra bed or baby cot,and therefore we can not reponse your reguests. As you know your reservation was not family suit. And before your arrival you can take all information from your agency about min. max. stay. But in any case for your satisfaction we changed your room with our sea view room that you liked. We are certain that we can make your experience with us very memorable, please do not hesitate to contact with us for any reguest or special arrangements before arrival to help us to ensure that. Free wireless internet acces is available throught the hotel ,and you can explore all of the web sites as you want but if you need a high speed internet connection it is also available and about your phone our technician came to you room to solve it but it was central problem of the region. And we would like to inform you that when you dial 445 Our Guest Relation team,they are always attempt to assist you quickly and efficiently with any reguest you may have during your stay. We are looking forward to wellcome you again in our hotel to make sure you will experience our high standards.
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC