i booked 2 nights in this hotel due to its price and relatively rating in tripadvisor. i figured that if i am only staying for 2 nights, how bad can it be?
but i was wrong, and while i was there, i swore that when i get back home, i will write a review (which i usually don't do) to warn everyone who considers to book a room in this hotel.
PRO's: the hotel has a pool table, and an organized trip to the falls on the Brazilian side. the pool seems nice even thought we didn't get a chance to try it.
1. you can't pay for your stay in credit card, and if you don't have enough cash (like us), you have to go to the town with a bus (frequency - every half an hour) and use an ATM. please not that if you arrived late to the Iguazu and you have limited number of days, this trip might cause you a day going to the falls.
2. when we arrived at the hotel, the toilet in our room didn't work. we asked them to fix it while we are going to the town to get the cash, and when we got back, the toilet still didnt work. we used the general toilet of the hotel and asked them to fix it until the evening, when we get back from the falls. when we got back, they still didn't fix it, and we went to the receptionist and asked to change a room. the receptionist told us that she only have 1 room, and took us to a room where there were cockroaches underneath a table. we told her that we refuse to stay in a room with cockroaches, and she said she has another room, and took us to a room which had a terrible smell, and it seemed as if the windows at the room hadnt been opened for 2 years, because it was very hard to breath there. so we returned to the reception, and she said they dont have more rooms. at this point, we decided to move to another hotel, and asked for our money back (which we paid a few hours ago, in cash) because we didnt sleep there, and we've been to the room for 10 munutes exactly. they refused to give the money back, and called a girl who spoke english, and she was arguing with us for almost 2 hours (i forgot to point out that it was after 12pm and the chances of us finding another hotel weren't good). we asked to speak to the manager, but he refused to talk to us, and basically, they kept us "hostage" for that night, and remembered that they have another room. we agreed to stay there because it was late and had no choice, but it had ants, and needless to say i didnt sleep the entire night,
also, they agreed to give us the money back for the second night. 2 days ago, i received an email from booking.com which says that the hotel asked for my credit card, and that they want to charge me for the second night for a "no-show" (!!!)
3. the restaurant - the restaurant is horrible! the breakfast is fair, BUT, other things there are terrible and are NOT edible! we ordered 2 different pastas, and it had a terrible smell, like it was rotten, and then we asked to replace it for a hamburger, but without ham and cheese. guess what? we got a hamburger with a ham and cheese. then we asked for a shnitzzle, and got one that it seemed that lay in the refrigerator for weeks, and that they fried it again. i don't know if there is a health department in Puerto Iguazu, but i think that someone must shut down this restaurant.
4. the hotel is out of town - you have to take a bus to town for any cause, even if you want to but a bottle of water. it's really not convenient.
5. Internet connection - very poor, they dont have skype there (you can download it, but whats the point if you dont have a camera or even a mic?!)
to sum up - any hotel which fight with you late at night and will be willing to throw you out, and don't have the decency to give you your money back after not supplying the most basic things (toilet!!!) isn't worth your money.
don't go there! no matter what the price is!!!
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC