We stayed here for 2 nights last November and absolutely loved it. John was amazing and went out of his way to help us, organising a driver from the airport on the Argentine side, to take us to the Brazil side of the falls and pick us up, and to take us to airport on the brazilian side. he even took us for a drive around the town and to the place here you can stand in Argentina and see both Brazil and Paraguay. we learnt so much about iguazu and about argentina and has some great philosophical debates!
after a hot day of travelling or trekking around the falls, the caipirinhas at happy hour were such a great end to the day. john was very interesting and an excellent host. we also got our washing done (we were backpacking....need i say more!) and our clothes were fresh, pressed and folded beautifully. john also arranged for some mate to be made for us after we mentioned that we hadn't yet tried it. it is this attention to detail and pride in their work that make the staff and john excellent hosts and 'the secret garden' a wonderful place to stay. i would recommend this b&b to anyone, in particular if you enjoy meeting people from around the world and stopping to enjoy the simple things in life like a beautifully prepared drink.
- Also Known As:
- Secret Garden Iguazu Hotel Puerto Iguazu
- Secret Garden Iguazu Hotel
- Secret Garden Iguazu Bed And Breakfast
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An ideal place to jump-start your visit to the Iguazu Falls in Argentina. High on concept the Secret Garden is populated by tree ferns and other shade-loving plants salvaged from the slash and burn rural and logging activities decimating the surrounding rain-forest. Our location allows you to get a feel of living in a small South American frontier town and has easy access to urban amenities. ... more less