This was my annual trip to the Tempe area and was a perfect blend of business and spring training baseball. I have stayed here before but my 2011 visit was problematic but this time around they were very proactive and did everything they could to make this visit as perfect as possible. They are located within a short drive of Tempe Diablo Stadium but are walking distance to the great food, spirits, and atmosphere found at Claim Jumper which is located on the huge parking lot for Arizona Mills which offers shopping, food, and entertainment.
Before my departure I had some questions and Elliott was very helpful in addressing them.
Upon checking in Dino made sure everything went smoothly. Unlike other reviewers I'm not bothered by the white noise created by the A/C because it helps drown out the other more annoying sounds of loud TV's, talking in the hallways, and the King Kong that resides above you ;) etc. The only downside in my opinion was the free breakfast area is very crowded but that's to be expected when you're giving away "free" food. A good suggestion would be to extend the breakfast hours past 9:30am, especially on the weekends. Plus, the quality of the food itself was OK, not nearly as good as some others have written IMHO. The king bed was extremely comfortable and the TV was a newer flat screen. Wireless Internet was strong and the direct line was just as fast as cable back home plus, if you need printing, the business center was available fairly consistently due to their enforced 15 minute limitations. The promised free USA Today was on again, off again but I don't know if this was their fault or USA Today's. The bottom line is when I return to Tempe again, this is where I will stay as it's become my "home away from home."
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Tempe By The Mall Hotel
- Best Western Plus Tempe By The Mall Hotel Tempe
- Best Western Tempe
- Tempe Best Western
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel guests will enjoy our 24/7 Sky Harbor International Airport shuttle service, Park-N-Fly rates and appreciate the variety of nearby dining and shopping options in and around the Tempe area. Complimentary hot breakfast and Best Western Reward members will be provided USA Today newspaper daily. Won Director's Award for Quality last 4 times in a row. Housekeeping Excellence Award for the 5th time in a row!**The BEST WESTERN PLUS Tempe by the Mall hotel is located across from Arizona Mills Mall and centrally located for business or leisure activities in and around the Phoenix/Tempe areas.The BEST WESTERN PLUS Tempe by the Mall hotel is three miles from the Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport, downtown Phoenix and is near the Arizona State University campus. This renovated interior corridor hotel, with its casual Southwestern elegance offers 158 well-appointed rooms featuring free direct connect high-speed or Wi-Fi Internet access, cable television with over 70 channels, a microwave, refrigerator in all rooms and many other amenities. A Guests can take advantage of the outdoor heated pool, whirlpool spa and exercise facilities. This BEST WESTERN PLUS Tempe by the Mall hotel is near the sites of major sporting events in the Phoenix/Tempe metro areas including all ASU sporting events, the Diamondbacks, and Insight Bowl and offers several and unique guest stay packages. Make an online hotel reservation today and save at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Tempe by the Mall! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Travelocity, Best Western, Venere, Otel and Tingo so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Tempe by the Mall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.