We travelled to gulmarg in March 2012 and stayed at heevan for 1 night - 2 days before leaving for Srinagar. The hotel is very placed. It is just a walk away from the ride as well as for skiing and other activities. It is tucked into a corner so most of the rooms have an amazing view. The hotel staff is friendly and supportive. Food quality is very average - especially during buffets; and they do not take ala-carte orders during buffets which was a disappointment. Another thing to be careful about is that it has a short steep stretch to the hotel, which when snowed is extremely slippery. All of us slipped every single time. It may be a hassle for the elderly as well as with infants.
All in all - except for the food, the hotel fared well in location, service & hospitality, cleanliness, price.
- Also Known As:
- Heevan Retreat Gulmarg Hotel
- Heevan Retreat Gulmarg Hotel Gulmarg
- Heevan Retreat Gulmarg Kashmir
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Idyllic surroundings amidst the beautiful valley of Gulmarg, is Heevan Retreat. En route to Khilanmarg and five minutes from where Gondola Cable Car Corporation begins, Heevan Retreat offers scintillating views of Affarvat range of Mountains. Hotel has 35 centrally heated deluxe rooms and suites. All the rooms are spacious, exclusively furnished and fitted with CCTVs. Besides, a multi-cuisine restaurant serves appetizing food catering to varied tastes. Hotel also has Business Centre, Shopping Arcade, Conference and Banquet Hall. Uninterrupted power supply and 24 hour room service ensures you a comfortable stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Heevan Retreat Gulmarg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.