After a considerable amount of research we decided on the Amari Vogue for our honeymoon. We had always wanted to return to Thailand and we wanted somewhere secluded yet still accessible to the islands and trips available around Krabi. In this respect we were not dissapointed.
We had looked at both the honeymoon suite and the royal deluxe rooms, overall we preferred the style of the royal deluxe rooms and although the honeymoon suites had the jacuzzi bath outside on the balcony which seemed rather romantic comments previously made by reviewers suggested they werent all that private, so we opted for the royal deluxe room. I emailed the hotel after our booking was made requesting a room on the upper floor with a sea view where possible and any other touches possible to make our honeymoon more special. I received a reply advising they would try to honour our request for the upper floor, and that flowers, cake and fruit would be supplied in the room on arrival.
We did arrange a private transfer directly with the Amari which worked perfectly, the driver was waiting at arrivals at Krabi airport. Approx 40 mins later we arrived at the resort and were greeted with a welcome drink and seated at reception to fill in arrival form, small note the receptionist asked us about the Amari rewards members card/form and to fill in, my husband said we would take it and do this later, we had just flown for about 13 hours! We really just wanted to get settled!
We were shown to our room and our cases were taken down for us, our room was on the ground floor which was a bit dissapointing as we had specifically asked for the upper room and it is a special occasion! However the room was very nice, spacious, large balcony/terrace with day bed and table and chairs. Large bathroom with jacuzzi bath and walk in shower room. The bed had been adorned with petals and towel arrangement. A fruit basket and congratulations cake had also been left for us.
The following day we were able to check out the resort and surroundings, as we arrived at night. The Amari Vogue is an intimate resort, which is really lovely, it never seemed busy or overrun. The views from the resort over the sea out to the limestone cliffs are stunning. The rooms are set around a number of pools which lead down to the beach, with the basic starting rooms at the top of the resort leading down to the royal deluxe rooms, then villas closest to the beach. The breakfast/thai restaurant is towards the top of the resort with the Bellini italian restaurant next to the beach and the sunset bar in the middle of the resort. As mentioned though the resort is small so this is all within a few minutes walking distance of each other. I am baffled by the mention by previous reviewers of the amount of stairs, if you are reasonably fit and healthy then this really isnt a problem or even noticeable!!
The breakfast, included in our rate, was of a good selection with a choice of cold dishes, fruit, cereals, pastries, egg station, typical english breakfast items and thai dishes available. We had lunch mainly in the Bellini restaurant as it was such a lovely setting by the beach and we found the standard to be good for a resort hotel. We dined in the Thai restaurant for dinner a few times and overall enjoyed the food, could have been to a higher standard but based on the prices cant complain. The main issue we found with the thai restaurant was the lack of atmosphere. It was very quiet and like most resorts the room they use for breakfast buffet tends to be lacking in character somewhat.
The hotel had a very good selection of cocktails, with a happy hour each evening. Unfortunately they ran out of sauvignon blanc about halfway during our stay! This was not replenished before we left which was dissapointing and seemed a little amateurish. Overall the service provided by the staff at Amari is very good, friendly and overall attentive. The staff in both restaurants and the sunset bar were very good, only slight note as someone has previously mentioned Bellini restaurant a little slow and each time we were there was only half full so no excuses.
My husband spent a day diving whilst we were there so I opted for a spa package and the staff were brilliant and this was a wonderful experience. We did try to book again on the last day but they were full booked and we can understand why, well worth a visit whilst there for a relaxing experience. During our trip we went elephant trekking, visited Hong Island by longtail boat, visited the Tiger Cave Temple, and climbed the 1237 steps (I think) to the top, well worth it for the spectacular views at the top, and the monkeys! We also went by speedboat to Ko Phi Phi and other spots. We really wanted to explore the area whilst we were there and had some great experiences, so if you did want to come here and just lie on the beach relaxing in a beautiful spot overlooking the limestone cliffs this is a great spot. Equally if you want a beautiful idyllic relaxing spot from which you can still access a lot of beautiful places to explore this is ideal. The longtail boats are directly on the beach at the hotel, the hotel also arranged all our private transfers to/from Ao Nang/Tiger Cave/Trekking etc. After you have been to Ao Nang for a few hours you will realise why this is so beautiful and we couldnt wait to get back to tranquility. On this note we called the hotel requesting arrangement of their private taxi to collect us, they were quite obstructive in not wanting to send anyone as it would take 25 mins to get there, which was fine by us and we werent entirely comfortable in the quality of the taxis in Ao Nang so were happy to wait of which they reluctantly, it seemed, agreed. We were maybe being picky but its our perogative to do so as guests of the hotel!
Overall we were both very happy with the resort, and on seeing the other resorts on Tubkaak beach ours did appear far superior
- Also Known As:
- Amari Vogue Krabi Hotel Nong Thale
- Amari Vogue Krabi Hotel
- Amari Vogue Hotel
- Amari Vogue Krabi Thailand
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imagine opening your door and stepping out into a tropical paradise, where the horizon merges with the islands and the sea and every sunrise is a burst of colour. Amari invites you to Krabi, one of Southern Thailand’s most beautiful beach destinations. Situated on the sandy white shores of Tub Kaek Beach beside the tranquil blue of the Andaman Sea, Amari Vogue Krabi is an intimate 57-room resort with elegant Lanna-inspired architecture in beautiful garden setting. The hotel boasts luxury accommodation suitable for any holiday, from romantic weekend getaways to family vacations, including the indulgent Spa Suites and One Bedroom Villas for a truly exceptional holiday experience. Slow down the pace of your life and be swept away by the tropical magic of Krabi. Dine on impeccably prepared choices at the beachfront Bellini Italian Restaurant. Toast the stars from the balcony of your delightfully comfortable suite. Pamper yourself with a full-body massage at the renowned Breeze Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Amari Hotels, Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Travelocity, Splendia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Agoda, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Amari Vogue Krabi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.