Note that there are two Travelodge properties on East Palm Canyon. This is the one that is just outside of the Palm Springs City limits, in Cathedral City, not the one in downtown Palm Springs.
This motel is hidden behind a vacant commercial building. As a result, it is a little hard to find, but it is quieter than if it were closer to the road. The grounds are well kept. The pool and spa area has a nice waterfall and a goldfish pond under some large trees. It is walking distance to a Trader Joes and a Target, in case you have forgotten anything. There are also fast food restaurants, including McDonalds, Subway, and El Pollo Loco, and a Starbucks, all within walking distance.
This is a dog friendly property. The ground floor rooms have a sliding glass door out to a small concrete patio with two chairs, and a grassy area. The upstairs rooms have balconies. Our room had decent motel furniture, coffeemaker, refrigerator and microwave that all worked. All the lights worked, as did the heater/cooler. The TV (an old CRT type) was on its last legs, and the picture faded out as the TV warmed up. The room had been painted fairly recently, however the old carpet was worn through in spots, and very badly stained.
Housekeeping was spotty…some days they did a good job, but on other days we did not get coffee, soap, or towels. The shower head squealed loudly at certain water pressures, and both the pressure and temperature fluctuated repeatedly during a shower.
The breakfast is sparse, and consists of two types of cold cereal, oatmeal that can be cooked in the microwave, packaged sweet rolls and bagels, two juices and coffee.
We were visiting family during the days, so all we really needed was a bed for the night and a hot shower. Considering the price that we paid, and that we were traveling during peak season, I felt that we got good value. The property is quiet, and (except for the carpet) clean.
- Also Known As:
- Travelodge Cathedral City Hotel
- Travelodge Cathedral City Hotel Cathedral City
- Travel Lodge Cathedral City
- Travelodge Cathedral City Greater Palm Springs, CA
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Venere, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Travelodge Cathedral City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.