My family and I have been coming out to Miracle Hot Springs for years. The rates were reasonable and the experience was always relaxing. HOWEVER, recently we stayed there and was dismayed at the appearance of the hotel, the attitude of the staff and cleaniness of the property. First, they have raised their rates and offer no discount of any kind on weekends (AAA, Military, etc.). The rates are way too high for this place. The property is run down and in desperate need of daily upkeep and major maintence. Within the hot tubs, tiles are missing,chipping away so you are sitting on broken or missing tiles. The pool is chipped, paint in coming off the walls in the pool all over the place. Weeds are sprouting up between the lines of the concrete. The parking lot is full of trash.
We arrived early and had booked several rooms and was told to check back at 2:00 pm. They would not even look to see if just one room was available so we could atleast sit inside, we were with our elderly grandparents and were forced to sit in a very uncomfortable chair. We tried again at 1:00 and 1:25, but they just kept saying come back at 2:00. If the room is empty what is the big deal? We even went by the room & housekeeping was done with it and they still wouldn't let us check in. I know check in is at 4:00, but the absolute inflexibility to accommadate was rediculous. In the past they had always been more flexible.
The restaurant Capri is there now, but too our dismay they "ran" out of there Terimsu 2 nights in a row. One night we were there at 7:00 and asked to reserve 2 pieces and they had already "ran" out? We orderd lemon coconut cake instead and it was really stale.
The staff was rude at check in, except for Brandi, and appeared completely unconcerned with any of our needs during the stay. Room service answered the phone while saying "shut up" to another employee and she asked me to hold, except she didn't put me on hold and I had to overhear an obnoxious conversation about who was going to do what because "she had three tables" I can't do it. Then was told I had to wait 40 minutes to get my salad.
They said they had a "fitness center" next door that we could use. We went over there and it was a dark room with 5 old machines in it. A sign that says don't use the machines during any of their "classes". The machines were extremely out dated. I walked out. On my way back up to the hotel, I went the back way and there was this old RV with lounge chairs and employee hanging out on them. It was next to an old shack with ply wood, clearly in view when we went back to the pool. We couldn't figure who live there and why it was parked so close to the hotel in plain site. When I got back they said I could go down to World's Gym 10 blocks away. I did. It was the grossed gym I have ever been in, really dirty. The locker room had old paper towels on the ground, white stuff all over the carpet, they made me buy a towel for 2 dollars! because they didn't supply them. I felt like I needed to be disinfected after I left.
The hot tubs ran so low with water that the jets were squirting up like water falls, no one was monitoring them, The swimming pool was so hot there was no difference between that and the hot tub for that refreshing splash. One tub was so hot, no one could even get in it.
Unfortunately, I will not be coming back here. It is not worth they rates they charge, the property is falling apart. This was once a place I would go often and love it, not now. There are too many other choices for me to have to put up with run down facility and apathic staff.
Miracle Springs needs a Miracle.
- Also Known As:
- Miracle Springs Hotel Desert Hot Springs
- Miracle Springs Hotel
- Miracle Springs Desert Hot
- Miracle Springs
- Miracle Springs Resort And Spa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Miracle Springs Resort & Spa presents an array of elegant spa therapies and beauty treatments in a luxurious hot springs resort environment with spectacular mountain views and miraculous healing waters. 110 large rooms and suites surround a lushly landscaped acre of 8 natural hot mineral water pools and Jacuzzis open 24 hours. Poolside and mini-suite rooms have private patios with easy access to the pools. Balconied rooms overlook the pool courtyard and mountain view rooms enjoy a spectacular view of the San Jacintos. 3 Vacation Villas are fully furnished 3-bedroom homes adjacent to the resort with easy access to all hotel services. Enjoy fine indoor & outdoor dining at The Capri Restaurant & Bar.Miracle Springs Resort & Spa is the perfect weekend escape from LA or a gorgeous venue for your wedding, corporate event or banquet, or group retreat. Miracle Springs is one of Vogue Magazine's "desert elite escapes." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Olotels, Hotels.com, Venere, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Miracle Springs Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.