The Holiday Inn Fresno AIrport has the best indoor swimming pool that I have ever seen. The pool is located in an indoor atrium but what makes it special is that it has a huge waterfall flowing into the pool. The waterfall is large enough that one can easily jump through it - making this the ideal hotel for children (or for adults as I traveled with only adults and we had a wonderful time!). I would suggest visiting this Fresno hotel just for this pool alone. There is also a hot tub next to the pool and the pool is heated year round.
I attached a few photos so you can see the pool area.
The pool area is gated and you need your room key to access it. The pool area opens at 8am and closes at 10pm so the waterfall is not a nuisance for those trying to sleep. However there are hotel rooms available in another section of the hotel (not in the atrium) for those that don't want to be near the pool.
Surprisingly, the pool was not that crowded and I did not see any children. It seemed that the hotel caters more to business travelers than to families. There is a restaurant in the hotel lobby that serves breakfast (buffet and a la carte), lunch and dinner. There is also a bar area, many conference rooms and vending machines in the atrium. The atrium is also set up with open space that would be good for hosting a meeting or event.
Other hotel amenities include a 24-hour business center, fitness center, and an additional outdoor pool.
The hotel rooms in the atrium have a king bed and a sofa sleeper-pull-out located on the ground floor. If you want two beds than there are rooms on the 2nd floor of the atrium also overlooking the pool area. The rooms on the ground floor have sliding glass doors that give you immediate access to the pool area. All rooms feature complimentary high speed wireless internet (you just get the access code from the front desk). The rooms are recently remodeled and have large flat screen TVs.
Check in is 3pm and check out is 12:00pm (noon).
Parking is free and well lit around the hotel so you can park by the entrance closest to your room.
This hotel is the #1 best located hotel for access to Fresno International Airport (FAT). The hotel is directly across the street from the airport. This hotel is the closest hotel to the airport. It is so close, you can see the hotel when you walk outside of the baggage claim area and the hotel is within easy walking distance from the airport (even with suitcases). If you have a car, or prefer not to walk, this hotel offers a complementary hotel shuttle to pick you up from and drop you back off at the Fresno Airport.
The hotel General Manager, Sam Ramirez, is excellent. I had a few questions about the hotel before my stay and he always got back to my emails immediately. Sam Ramirez was also very helpful in giving us the best room rate and he also reserved us the exact room that I wanted (on the ground floor in the middle of the atrium right next to the waterfall pool).
Overall, I highly recommend the Holiday Inn Fresno-Airport! If you have to stay at a hotel in Fresno, this hotel should be your #1 choice.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Fresno-Airport Hotel Fresno
- Holiday Inn Fresno-Airport Hotel
- Holiday Inn Fresno Airport
- Holiday Inn Fresno
- Fresno Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- There's a new connection to the heart of Central California. The Holiday Inn Fresno Airport Hotel is less than five minutes from check-in and baggage claim at Fresno - Yosemite International Airport. We are the preferred destination of business travelers and vacationers seeking friendly non-stop service. Treat yourself to our uncommon courtesy and superbly appointed accommodations including free high speed Internet access. Splash into one of our two pools (indoor & outdoor), work out in our fitness center, or simply relax among friends in the inviting atmosphere of the Skyline Cafe or King Tut's Lounge. We are minutes away from great area attractions like Fresno State University, Save Mart Center, Fresno Grizzlies Stadium, the Selland Arena and Fresno Convention Center. Venture less than an hour outside our doors and enjoy Las Vegas quality gaming at Chukchansi, Table Mountain or the Palace Casinos and the breathtaking scenery of Yosemite and Sequioa National Parks. San Francisco, Wine Country or the surf and sand at Pismo Beach are all less than 3 hours away. Your 'constant caring friends' await you at the Holiday Inn Fresno Airport Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Priceline, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Booking.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Fresno-Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.