We were with a large group of kids in several rooms on the second and third floors. Loved the size of the guest suites. Mini fridge, microwave, bar sink. Buffet breakfast (and cooked-to-order choices as well).. Be aware that the breakfast doesn't begin until 7:30 a.m. if you need a very early start (Super friendly hostess!) But was great to bring our trays to our rooms in the morning and watch TV from the dining table that seats 4.
The staff was good, but guess we miscommunicated on a wake up call on the last day, because we didn't get one (although they had handled the entire week's wake up calls to 15+ rooms with no problem). We had set our cell phone alarm as back-up, so no problems occured.
We had trouble with the air conditioning in one room and a really nice maintenance guy fixed it quickly right after we reported it. The bathrooms are good size. The armoire was small, but there are 3 drawers under the bedroom TV.
The shuttle is right outsie the hotel and arrives and departs on the hour and on the half hour. It costs $4 per person, per day, with prettty much unlimited rides. It drops off fairly close to the main Disneyland entrance and is much better than taking a rental car into the Disneyland resort parking structure (which took me over 30 minutes to park-and cost $15-on a not-very-busy day) and then having to take the tram to the park.
The only downside to the Embassy Suites South is the elevators. The week we were there Saturday was Grad NIght and there were a lot of kids in each hotel room. The hotel was definitely full. The elevators always seemed to be packed by the time they came dowm from the 14th floor. We just couldn't cath a ride. An advantage of being on the second floor was that we could get to the lobby using the stairs.
Try your best to keep your room key dry. We had 60 kids and we had to do a mass re-keying due to everyone getting soaked on Splash Mountain and then our keys not working. The front desk was good-natured about it! I would stay again.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Anaheim South / Disneyland Hotel Garden Grove
- Embassy Suites Anaheim South / Disneyland Hotel
- Embassy Suites Anaheim South
- Embassy Suites Anaheim
- Embassy Suites Garden Grove
- Embassy Suites California
- Garden Grove Embassy Suites
- Embassy Suites Anaheim South Hotel
- Embassy Suites Anaheim - South Orange County/Garden Grove
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Embassy Suites Anaheim - South hotel is located just one mile from Anaheim's Disneyland Resort® attractions. This all-suite hotel features complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast and evening manager's reception. Shuttles are available in from of the hotel to take guests to all of Anaheim, California's recreation parks. The Embassy Suites also features an on-site Disney® Desk with information on Southern California and Disneyland® Resort attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hilton Hotels, Priceline, Olotels, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Embassy Suites Anaheim - South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.