I was pleasantly surprised when I booked the LAAC to attend the Pac12 basketball tournament at Staples Center. The hotel is about 1 mile away so within walking distance. The building is definitely older but has been remodeled and kept up to date while still retaining the feel of an older era. The room was large by current standards. The long desk was very convenient. The LCD TV was mounted on one side while the other side was perfect for my laptop, with power connections and the free WIFI. The King bed was very comfortable, with a cushy but firm pillow top. The included breakfast buffet was very good. Lots of fresh fruit, scrambled eggs that were not dry from the warming pan and made to order omelets. Checkin was a little slow but overall service was good and the staff was friendly. The room rate was not cheap but I was very happy with this facility.
- Also Known As:
- The Los Angeles Athletic Club Hotel
- The Los Angeles Athletic Club Hotel Los Angeles
- The Los Angeles Athletic Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you need a private getaway after a long day at work, a hideaway for a romantic weekend, or accommodations for your V.I.P. guests, our 72 elegantly appointed rooms atop The Los Angeles Athletic Club await you. Guest have full access to 88,000 sq ft of athletic facilities, 3 restaurants and a rooftop lounge. Breakfast and discounted parking are also included. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Venere, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your The Los Angeles Athletic Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.