We had only one night in LA at the end of four weeks of travelling and decided to book Hollywood Orchid Suites because of location and price, assisted by previous good reviews on TA. We were certainly not disappointed in any regards, in fact my expectations were far exceeded on all points.
We arrived at 2pm and our room was not quite ready so we were invited by the very friendly lady to enjoy a cup of coffee on level 2 where tea and coffee were freely available at all times. Suite 204, a deluxe King bed (plus Queen sofa which we did not need) was allocated to us and it was an eye-opener. The room opened into a good size lounge with sofa and two arm chairs, coffee table and large TV, with a kitchenette adjoining complete with fridge, stove, microwave, sandwich toaster, coffee maker, in fact everything one would need for a comfortable self-catered stay. There was also a kitchen table setting for four. Down a short hallway there was a bedroom dominated by the King bed, large TV, as well as plentiful storage facilities for clothing. As we were only to be there for one night most of this was wasted on us, but it was impressive to see.
Across from the bedroom there was a small wash-room facility, and then a separate room for the bathroom and toilet which was not large, but both areas were quite adequate. All facilities were very clean, tasteful, appropriate to the suite, and the bed in our room very comfortable indeed. There is a veranda running the length of level 2, overlooking the very well presented and inviting pool area. Wifi was free, fast and easy to access, and parking for one car in a secure underground area was available but we did not have a car in LA. A continental breakfast was also included with a good selection of cereals and bread products. Seating was limited for breakfast so several people took their food back to their rooms.
The lady at the desk was very helpful in suggesting things to do in the immediate vicinity of the Suites and providing directions for the easiest way to access Hollywood Boulevard which was just around the corner. As our flight back to Australia did not depart until after 10pm the following evening we had decided to take a day tour the following day to Universal Studio and this was kindly arranged by the lady, with a discount for booking through the Suites. There was no problem at all for us to check out in the morning and have our luggage stored for us at the Suites to be collected after 6pm that evening. That was a very handy option for us to utilise.
I would highly recommend Hollywood Orchid Suites and would definitely stay there again if in the LA region.
- Also Known As:
- Hollywood Orchid Hotel Los Angeles
- Hollywood Orchid Hotel
- Hollywood Orchid Los Angeles
- Hollywood Orchid Suite
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hollywood Orchid Suites owes its success to a superior location and a commitment to security, friendly service and value. We are next door to the Hollywood & Highland Center which includes TCL Chinese Theatre (formerly Grauman's Chinese Theatre), the Dolby Theatre(formerly known as Kodak Theatre) (home of the Academy Awards), the Loew's Hotel Hollywood, the METRO station, Madame Tussauds Wax Museum, Walk of Fame, movie theaters, restaurants, clubs, bowling lanes and shopping. We are within close walking distance to the Hollywood Bowl, the Roosevelt Hotel, The Magic Castle and Yamashiro. Universal Studios and Pantages Theatre at Hollywood & Vine is just one subway stop away. Most of our rooms have fully equipped kitchens and a dining area. We offer a complimentary, light continental breakfast, free WIFI and free local calls. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Olotels, Travelocity, Priceline and Tingo so you can book your Hollywood Orchid Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.