OK....my wife and I are not world travelers by any means, and we get that we are in a prime location in the center of Hollywood, but for $200+ a night, I expected a little more. The room itself was pretty small (we booked a King Bed). The room was apparently recently renovated, but you wouldn't have known that. We were on the first floor near the pool. The room, to me, had a dank smell to it, but my wife never really complained about it (and she complains about all kinds of smells), so maybe it was just me.
The hotel is old, so I get it that not everything will be perfect, but I expected a little more from this place than what we got. We actually enjoyed ourselves at the pool, but we were there on a Wednesday and Thursday, not a weekend, which I understand can get pretty crazy. The drinks poolside were good, but they were really pricey, too. Like $22 for a couple of well drinks. Oh well, though, you are on vacation, right?
The whole lobby was just ridiculously dark. This place just seems like it is trying too hard to be cool and hip. Service was fine. The valet was actually very quick (but it should be since they are soaking you for $33 a night).
The location is right across from Grauman's Chinese Theater. Having never visited LA before, we chose the hotel as much for the location as the room itself. From that standpoint, seeing the circus that is Hollywood from this location was good. Other than that, everything was just a little bit off.
On top of that, they had an emergency power test on the day we were leaving from 9:15 to 10:15 AM. So the whole place lost power. That was kind of weird. But I guess it was out of their control. Just seemed to be one more thing that added to the overall disappointment.
- Also Known As:
- Hollywood Roosevelt Los Angeles
- Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel
- Roosevelt Hotel La
- Hollywood Roosevelt
- Roosevelt Hotel Los Angeles
- Hotel Hollywood Roosevelt
- Roosevelt Hotel
- Roosevelt La
- Hotel Roosevelt Los Angeles
- Roosevelt Hotel California
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bringing glamour back to the Boulevard, Thompson’s Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel reincarnation resonates with the opulence of its fabled past. Located in the heart of Hollywood on the Walk of Fame across from the Grauman’s Chinese Theater, The Roosevelt houses some of the hottest drinking and eating venues on the west coast. These include the famous poolside Tropicana Bar, celebrity haunt Teddy’s nightclub, The Library bar which is acclaimed for its hand crafted cocktails, The Spare Room, a speakeasy gaming lounge featuring vintage bowling lanes and classic cocktails, and vaudeville inspired theater Beacher’s Madhouse. Public Kitchen and Bar serves eclectic American fare in a social atmosphere and award winning 24 Hour burger joint 25 Degrees offers a variety of dining options. To top it off, the hotel’s heated outdoor swimming pool provides guests the only locale in the world where they can swim in a million dollar work of art painted by acclaimed artist David Hockney. The hotel is constantly buzzing with the entertainment industry’s glitterati. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Amex, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel - A Thompson Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.