We were real impressed with our upgraded king bed room. Room was quite large with a view of the ocean. Room was nice and clean. Our room was in the building across the street from where you checked in. There seems to be a little more parking here than in the main building/lot. It was convenient there was an elevator and parking was either under the building or just next to it. Building was actually next to Casa Munras. Management says this building is a little newer than the one in the main building.
The amenities were great. There was a decent size refrigerator and a microwave and a coffee maker. The TV was a little old (not an LCD flat screen TV). There was a cable box attached to it so you can watch TV. The walls are a little thin here. You can hear the TV from the room next door (or above) and you can here conversations in the next room. I recommend you bring ear plugs. There is a desk so you can put your laptop on it. Can't comment on the WiFi as we had our own.
Bathroom was pretty big. I liked that the shower and toilet was in a separate room from the sink. The marble counter was a plus. Since we got a king bed room, we only got two bath towels, one hand towel and 2 face towels (a little skimpy here). There is a place to hang up your clothes but there was no closet door. There is a chest of drawers to put your clothes in.
Continental breakfast was just toast, pastries, cereal, fruit, water and coffee/juice. They had a decent size breakfast room (about 4 or 5 tables). If you want more, there is a Jack in the Box across the street and a Denny's just down the street. There's a Trader Joe's about a 10 minute walk from the motel (on the way to fisherman's wharf).
Motel is within walking distance of fisherman's wharf (about a mile). It took us about 15 - 20 minutes to walk there. Price to stay here at the Days Inn is very reasonable and affordable. Would stay here again if we are in the area next time.
- Also Known As:
- Days Inn Monterey Downtown Hotel Monterey
- Days Inn Monterey Downtown Hotel
- Days Inn Monterey
- Monterey Days Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Launch your California getaway from Days Inn Monterey hotel, where value and friendly service come included. You are going to love being just four blocks from historic downtown Monterey, five blocks from Fisherman’s Wharf and only one mile from celebrated Cannery Row when you stay at our Monterey, CA, hotel. Our Monterey, CA, hotel near Monterey Bay Aquarium offers air-conditioned rooms equipped with modern conveniences like a refrigerator and free Wi-Fi Internet access. Start each day with free and delicious Daybreak breakfast then take a dip in our outdoor hot tub. We offer a variety of rooms to suit your needs, including king rooms with an ocean view or fireplace, non-smoking rooms and Jacuzzi suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Wyndham, Booking.com, Otel, Venere, Tingo and HotelsClick so you can book your Days Inn Monterey Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.