This is a very basic, no-frills hotel, so don't expect to find anything fancy when you check in. Here is the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly about this hotel:
- Location is good, if you want to be outside of the hustle bustle of the city. This hotel is right off of Highway 1 in Pacifica, in a cute little shopping center, just a 1 minute walk to the beach.
- Free parking
- The room we had was clean, for the most part -- mostly just outdated curtains and carpet, which made it appear a bit unclean.
- The room we had was very large, with 2 double beds and a lot of space.
- The room we had was equipped with a large mini-fridge, an outdated microwave, and a TV (not flat screen) and with a few channels.
- The shower was outdated, but for the most part clean. There was also a complimentary wall-mounted hair-dryer in the bathroom.
- There is complimentary WiFi througout the property.
- This hotel is very worn down and could use a huge renovation. The elevator was slow, the stairs were splintery, and the stair railings were rusty (eww!).
- If it matters to you -- this is what I would call a "motel", not a "hotel" -- meaning, the entry door to the guest rooms is from the outside, rather from an indoor corridor. I think motels provide less safety than hotels for this reason.
- The sheets on my bed had holes in them, and so did 2 of the bathroom towels I used. The hole in the sheet was the size of a cigarette (hmm), and the towel was so ripped it was embarrassing. Seriously? Can't they afford to replace the worn out towels?
- The pillows on the bed were terrible -- flat and lumpy.
- The walls were super thin - I could hear everything the neighbors were saying. Also, I could hear people and their rude children running up and down the outside walkway all night and in the morning, dragging their bags along. Again, this is an old building -- the walkways are not very sturdy, thus they are loud.
- The continental breakfast is a joke. It consisted of some cheap danishes in plastic wrap and some terrible coffee.
- The complimentary internet was very very very slow (don't know if this was due to the service, or the wireless router, or what)
- The rust! I realize this hotel is practically on the ocean, and rust is a factor when there is that much moisture -- but still. Eww! The doors were coated in rust, and so were all the stair railings.
Overall, I wouldn't recommend this hotel unless you really want to stay in this area and everything else is either sold out or too expensive (which is what happened to us -- we actually wanted to stay at the Holiday Inn Express next door).
Ask for a room with an ocean view.
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC