My first time in CA, and my first-ever stay at a Holiday Inn. Loved them both! This property has a main hotel and an annex building. I admit when I was told my room was in the annex, I was skeptical, as my experiences with annexes have been less than desireable. This building appeared to be fairly new - it certainly smelled new, and very, very clean. I met the maid vaccuming the entry way to the building, which has a security card scanner for entering. The lobby of the main building is very nice; the breakfast was standard fare one would expect of a free breakfast at a hotel. The servers were busy providing fresh and hot food and keeping the place spotless.
I stayed on the 2nd floor of the annex which is considered to be the 5th floor of the hotel. The room was more spacious than expected; the bed was king-sized and very comfortable. The place was clean, without odors; the bathroom was standard and very clean. There was a medium-sized desk area with large chair - the chair was a bit gross, it had questionable stains all over it. I chose to place a towel on the chair for sitting on. The view outside the room was directly across from the KFC next door, specifically the drive-thru, but this did cause any problems because the KFC closes early enough that I was not bothered by traffic noise.
The maid did a wonderful job on the room - I stayed three nights, and never had a problem or need for anything.
The area is away from downtown, but only a 3-minute ride away. There are plenty of places to eat within walking distance, a RiteAid round the corner, gas stations within a block or two. If visiting downtown, I suggest the Downtown Brewing Company for lunch or easy dinner, their Honey Blonde Ale is superb, their burgers are very good.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel Paso Robles
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel
- Holiday Inn Paso Robles
- Holiday Inn Express Paso Robles
- Paso Robles Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a Hot Breakfast Buffet every morning and Evening Hospitality Reception during your stay. The Holiday Inn Express is conveniently located in the heart of Paso Robles Wine Country and across the street from the Paso Robles Event Center (Home of the California Mid-State Fair). Stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Paso Robles. Stay Smart! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.