I have been coming here for more than 20 years, it used to be The El Prado Hotel and is located across the street from the greatest deli in town at Cantwell's Market.
Day's Inn & Suites have had the property for a year or so, according to hotel staff.
The place is a mess and it breaks my heart to return to such trash and ill kept rooms.
My daughters and I stayed in Rm 245, the carpet was frayed around the edges and the sheets were disgusting.
We had booked a dbl king suite on the pool w/ Hotels.com and were given a cracker box room on a dirty stairwell w/ substandard conditions both structurally and hygienically. Over the next 24 hrs and many phone calls we got our room on the pool and salvaged the rest of our vacation. Thanks to Hotel.com and management of Days Inn.
Possibly a little too late for my future patronage.
The property is not only run down but filthy and the floors in the hallways/stairwells are weeks past due on cleaning.
Hope this is a wake up call for such a great place to stay in SB.
Oh yea, pool towels, you'll need 5 as they look like the shop towels you buy at Costco.
- Also Known As:
- Days Inn & Suites Santa Barbara Hotel Santa Barbara
- Days Inn And Suites Santa Barbara
- Days Inn & Suites Santa Barbara Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modern 3-story Motor inn with spacious rooms and suites, some with mountain views - City center near museums and Botanic Gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, LaQuinta, Venere, AAA Travel Services, Expedia, Otel and Tingo so you can book your La Quinta Inn & Suites Santa Barbara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.