We changed hostels from the USA Hostels Hollywood to this hostel and immidietly regreted it.. The location is good if you only plan on staying in Santa Monica but if you would like to explore the rest of LA it takes ages to go anywhere by bus.. The free wi-fi was very slow and we could hardly use it.. The free breakfast was the best thing about the hostel, very nice! The room was OK but the bunk beds were made out of wood and didnt look that stable to us
- Also Known As:
- Hostelling International - Los Angeles/Santa Monica Hotel Santa Monica
- Hostelling International - Los Angeles/Santa Monica Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- HI-Santa Monica hostel is set close to cafes, restaurants and movie theatres, and is only just two blocks from the beach. The J Paul Getty Center, with its spectacular art, architecture and views, is nearby. The hostel has been fully renovated with a fresh, new look. There is capacity for 260 guests and facilities include daily movies, internet access, kitchen, laundry and breakfast.Enjoy your stay at the Santa Monica hostel with easy access to Hollywood, Beverly Hills, UCLA, Venice, Malibu and downtown Los Angeles. A tour operator services the hostel, with daily excursions to Disneyland Resort, Universal Studios, and all the area's famed attractions. This location is the largest purpose-built hostel in the USA,just nine miles from Los Angeles International Airport (LAX). Come and check out Santa Monica. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HostelWorld and Priceline so you can book your Hostelling International - Los Angeles/Santa Monica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.