We stayed at the Lodge for business but were able to use most amenities. Recently renovated, we had high expectations, considering a previous brief visit during which the Lodge looked kind of tired. The environment is unimpressive, the Lodge is situated on a corner and next to an ugly transfer station. Welcome was friendly and the lobby looked indeed clean and renovated. We had a room on the first floor with a patio facing the parking lot: A major drawback, since you have to keep the blinds drawn all day for privacy. It was also a few doors from the hallway and we could hear the lobby music loud and clear, even at night. Despite two requests to lower the volume, nothing happened. Sitting on the patio was not enticing since it was next to the parking lot with significant foot traffic right past your chair. The room itself was large and nicely decorated. It included a fire place, and a bath tub divided the bathroom from the room. The bathroom itself was poorly designed for a spa hotel. The shower stall was very small, hardly any room to move around. It should have traded places with the separate toilet, which was right next to the sink. There was no handle or hook to hang a hand towel and a soap dish was missing. When we asked about this we were told it was built in in the counter: it wasn't. in other rooms there were soap dishes. In 4 days, housekeeping never brought one while it was obvious there was none. We used a coffee cup lid instead. The only easy chair in the fairly large room was so hard we needed to use a pillow from the outdoor furniture to make it relatively comfortable.
The bar/lounge was nice, service a bit slow despite enough staff. They were mostly talking with people sitting at the bar. Food during the meetings was good, nothing exceptional but a quality expected from a place like this with fresh produce at hand. The service during the meals was excellent.
The spa was nearly renovated and due to the renovation treatments were discounted, a nice gesture. It is not very large and once again some poor design features. The men's locker room is small and while changing, people in the hall can look straight at you any time the door opens: Not very private. The relaxation room looks like a living room with way too much furniture in it and it is very dark. Bright light is too much, but this spa goes the other way. However, we both had one of the best massages ever in the US. Overall the spa is average at best, I don't understand the high ratings, but the massages made up at least.
The pool area was not too inviting for us but we did use the seating areas next to it. Nice touch is the fact that the covers from the benches can be lowered when the sun disappears.
The meeting rooms were adequate for our needs.
Overall, the experience was average to good. If you just use it as a starting point for all day wine tasting with a massage at the end of the day, it is a decent choice.
- Also Known As:
- The Lodge At Sonoma Renaissance Resort And Spa
- The Lodge At Sonoma Renaissance Hotel Sonoma
- The Lodge At Sonoma Renaissance Hotel
- Hotel Sonoma Renaissance
- Lodge Sonoma
- Renaissance Sonoma
- Sonoma Renaissance
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Indulge in an exquisite Sonoma Hotel offering vibrant charm in a tranquil setting. Nestled in gorgeous Sonoma Valley, The Lodge at Sonoma Renaissance Resort & Spa is less than an hour north of San Francisco and centrally located among the country's finest wineries. Showcasing the incredible beauty of the valley, our Sonoma resort's accommodations combine authentically artisan surroundings with contemporary facilities to create a haven of casual sophistication. The award-winning Raindance Spa in our Sonoma Valley resort offers the ultimate in reflection, revitalization and romance. Carneros Bistro at our Sonoma resort features local wines and innovative cuisine with Mediterranean influences. In a hurry? Try Bean & Bottle, our wine & coffee bar with locally inspired items to-go. The Lodge at Sonoma is also the perfect destination for corporate meetings, social events and Sonoma Wine Country weddings and wedding receptions offering 22,000 square feet of flexible event space, both indoors and out. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Otel and Tingo so you can book your The Lodge at Sonoma Renaissance Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.