We had to stay in San Francisco for a month so we looked for extended stay hotels that had a kitchenette plus self service laundry facilities. Many chain hotels in San Francisco such as Marriott Residence Inn fit the criteria BUT we had an additional requirement - which was passenger elevators within the property, as I was undergoing treatment that prevented me from using the stairs. I'd inquired with several properties about being located on the ground floor but as I was informed, it was impossible to guarantee a ground floor room as many hotel visitors tend to extend their stay.
So here are the pluses:
(1) Working elevators vs none in most extended stay hotels. However these elevators aren't very new and can be jerky when they stop at floors.
(2) Free parking - there was a big parking lot outside shared with the Hilton Garden Inn and it was never difficult to find a slot day or night.
(3) Friendly staff - The hotel staff was always polite, attentive and friendly, and knew the guests' names. Free choc chip cookies every night!
(4) Price - very good value considering it's just 10 minutes' drive from downtown San Francisco.
(5) Room size - It's a generously sized room; we got the one bedroom so at times when I wanted to sleep early, I could close the bedroom door and my husband could watch TV in the living are (the sofa of which can be converted to a bed.)
(6) Other amenities - a gym on the premises, cold breakfast (ie cereals, breads and hard boiled eggs), vending machines on site, laundry room
(7) Room features - Good sized shower stall which I loved as it wasn't the bathtub type (I don't like bathtubs coz I tend to slip in them), good quality toiletries, his n hers' sink, small kitchenette with basic cooking utensils, dishwasher, microwave, TVs in both bedroom and living room.
(1) it's hard to control the airconditioning in the bedroom as it depends on pulling in air through a vent from the airconditioning unit outisde. Had to call maintenance a few times to help us with it - can sometimes get too cold or too stuffy
(2) The place has definitely seen better days, in terms of its carpeting. The bed and pillows are very comfortable though.
(3) Cleanliness isn't top notch - I saw some dustballs under the bed and the airconditioning unit's filter was so clogged that I washed it myself. I also chanced upon housekeeping cleaning my bedroom before and I saw that they'd put all the pillows on the floor while they were making the bed. I put a note afterwards to instruct them to put the pillows on the luggage rack instead of on the floor (yes, the dust-balled carpeted floor) HOWEVER, I wish to emphasize that the management is very pro-active - they'd seen my guest survey form that I'd filled up on my departure and immediately emailed me to advise me that they have spoken with their housekeeping team and that they were crediting me with US$100 for this.
Therefore I'm sure that subsequent visits there would most likely show much better cleanliness, since I've experienced how they quickly respond to customers' concerns.
All in all, will be back!
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC