My husband and I stayed just one night at this hotel on our journey from California to Washington, which is just as well given our experience.
The hotel is quite new in appearance, in fact the carpet outside our room hand not been quite finished leaving a gap. The room itself was clean and the beds were reasonably comfortable. The real issue we had was the windows, obviously cheaply made because even though they were "closed" the cold wind blew right through them as if they were open. We called the front desk to complain, they said we couldn't be moved because the hotel was full (I very much doubt this because there were hardly any cars in the parking lot). The front desk said that they would give us a %15 discount because of our inconvenience, we were both tired after our long journey so rather than try to fight we stuffed all the towels around the window (which didn't help much) and hunkered down under the covers taking some comfort in the fact we would get a small refund.
After a mediocre breakfast we went to check out and inquired about our %15 discount, the receptionist said, "because you pre paid, there was nothing we can do by way of a discount, you should have been moved last night when you complained".
Clearly we were given the "run around" and judging by other reviews here, we were not the first. Perhaps if everyone reads this review, we might be the last?
We do not recommend this hotel and will not be staying at any Holiday Inn Express Hotels in the future.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Yreka-Shasta Area Hotel Yreka
- Holiday Inn Express Yreka-Shasta Area Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express Yreka
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Yreka - Shasta Area Hotel Our Yreka, California hotel is conveniently located off Interstate 5 in the northeastern corner of the picturesque Shasta Valley. Breathtaking views and historic sites abound in this Northern California city.Families can enjoy staying at our Yreka hotel while they explore everything the Shasta Valley has to offer. You can chose to stay close by and visit the Yreka Historic District with shops, restaurants, statues and museums. Then, you can learn about local history at the Siskiyou County Courthouse or take a scenic drive to Mt. Ashland, Mt. Shasta and the Klamath River. You are sure to find something you love during your Yreka vacation.Business travelers who stay at our Yreka, California hotel will have convenient access to companies such as Timber Products, Etna Breweries, Siskiyou County Offices and Siskiyou County Behavioral Health Services. Our Business Center and free high-speed, wired and wireless Internet access make our Shasta Valley hotel the perfect place for business travelers staying in the Shasta area.During your stay, enjoy a swim in the heated, indoor pool or a workout in the Fitness Center at our Holiday Inn Express Hotel in Yreka. You can start your day right every morning with the free hot breakfast bar featuring 100% Arabica Smart Roast coffee and our signature cinnamon rolls. Check out our great Yreka hotel deals, and book your stay with us today. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, IHG, Priceline, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Yreka-Shasta Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.