Stayed five nights last week for a conference being held at the hotel. As mentioned by other reviewers this hotel is very spread out. I seldom lose my sense of direction but I did here. The first room I was given was in South Wing and three rooms from the end. Took me forever to find my way back to the front desk to request a new room. I took at quick look at TripAdvisor and then asked for a third floor room in the North Wing. These rooms appear to be newer and larger. Certainly the bathroom was bigger. Bed was good and I slept well.
Room was clean although public areas could certainly use some attention. For instance, it was common during my stay to see hall carpets in need of vacuuming and fingerprints/smudges were prevalent on nearly all windows and elevator doors. It appears that grounds may have been quite beautiful at one time but are definitely lacking the attention they now need.
Conference facility was OK. Definitely was not up to the 450 person conference I attended, but that is not really the fault of the hotel. We had several events in the Summit Ballroom on the fourth floor and the foyer is way to small for a room this size. On breaks you could not even move in the mass of people outside the ballroom. Summit does have windows on three sides with beautiful mountain views. Conference foods was slighly above average. I ate one meal (breakfast) in the hotel restaraunt, however, and the food/service was very good. I also had drinks in the bar on two occasions and it is a nice facility. Food in the bar was likewise quite good. Server first night was very polite and helpful but second night not so much.
Staff was hit or miss. I was greeted politely by a few staff members in the halls but others stood by mute with their carts blocking the hall as I tried to squeeze by. I can only imagine the training issues with a hotel this large.
This hotel is close to Seven Falls, the zoo, and a shopping area just to the south west. And acccess to I-25 is quite easy, although a member of our group who had a room on the freeway side of the hotel said it was too noisy to sleep due to its proximity.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Colorado Springs Hotel Colorado Springs
- Crowne Plaza Colorado Springs Hotel
- Crowne Plaza Colorado Springs
- Colorado Springs Crowne Plaza
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Elegante Conference & Event Center features 500 rooms and suites and has undergone a multi-million dollor renovation which includes all-new 13" Simmons BeautyRest mattresses in ALL rooms, the addition of a Starbuck's "We Proudly Brew" Sweet Tooth and Blue Bell Ice Cream parlor. Our rooms feature Bath and Body works amenities and Starbuck's coffee. Enjoy our children's playground featuring the Fun Zone for all ages. Get fit in our 24 hour fitness center and new Sports Court featuring tennis, pickleball, volleyball and basketball. Our Patio Bar is now open with outdoor seating and fireplace. In addition, there are two pools, one indoor and one outdoor. The hotel's newly themed restaurants include Rustler's Country Cafe - Steak & Seafood, and Rawhide Sports Bar. Hotel Elegante Conference & Event Center is a premier Colorado Springs meeting and event location with 50,000 sq. ft. of meeting space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Hotel Elegante Conference & Event Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.