This is the best Hampton hotel we have been to, easily.
Our room, is of average size but turns out to be one of the smallest in the entire hotel. The room is clean, tastefully decorated and we managed just fine for our family of three without constantly being on top of one another. Having visited two other rooms that were larger, they were also very well done.
The breakfast is the best free hotel breakfast I have had. Each day the warm stuff changes so that when staying for several days you do not have to grab the same stuff everyday and there is plenty of fresh fruit which is appreciated. They even have brown bag breakfast if you are in a hurry to just pick up on at the front desk.
The internet connection is sometimes slow. The a/c is relatively quiet. We did not face Sherman st which meant we heard no traffic noise. The fitness centre is small but has the basics, though the elliptical was way too noisy to be used but now that it has been reported, hopefully it can be resolved soon. There are cookies in the afternoon to pick up for a snack and tea, coffee and hot chocolate are always available. I do not care for the shampoo and conditioner hampton provides so would love to see something better.
The pool is a bit on the cool side and some boys came out of the pool shivering when done. The hot tub is not working right now which is disappointing.
This is in good walking distance to many attractions. We did the 16th st mall on day one and were there in under 15 minutes. You can easily get to Capitol State, museum of art, public library and other attractions in the area which makes it very handy.
The valet parking is never a fav of ours to use. Instead we opted for using the lot across the st for $6 or $7 a pop from 6am - 6pm. No in and out privileges but since we tend to go out for adventures for the day and then come back in the late afternoon, it works just fine. So far after 2 days we have spent $2 on parking as meters are free on weekends and after 6pm until 9. There is a 2 hour limit at the meters though but if we stay longer there are enough pay lots in the area, you are bound to find a spot.
If we return to Denver, you can be sure we would stay here again.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Denver Downtown
- Hampton Inn & Suites Denver Downtown Hotel
- Hampton Inn & Suites Denver Downtown Hotel Denver
- Hampton Inn Denver
- Denver Hampton Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our boutique-style Denver hotel offers a comfortable retreat in the heart of downtown. And if you're overwhelmed by all the exciting entertainment opportunities in the Mile High City, don't worry. The Hampton Inn & SuitesÂ® Denver-Downtown hotel team will be happy to guide you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels, Travelocity, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Denver Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.