We were staying in a non-smoking room, and the person in room next to us was smoking POT all night- it had a conjoining room door so it seeped into our room and stunk it up- we couldn't stand it, d/t we have allergies & are subject to drug-testing at our jobs, so we called the front desk- this was about 10:15pm and it was a recording- went down to the front desk, it was closed up though the hours are supposed to be til midnight on a Sat night- rang the bell 20 times, looked all over for staff/help- nothing! went back to room, looked in binder, their rules in book state that their staff are available 24 hrs/day by calling "0" on room phone- we tried again and also the main hotel # and couldn't reach housekeeping, maintnenance or anyone- left several messages on recording. Finally had to go next door and take matters in our own hands to solve problem to ask the man to stop smoking pot as it as flowing in our room. Then had to turn fan on high which further aggravated allergies- got no sleep. When we checked out, let desk clerk know who then had me talk to the manager on the phone- she had basically no customer services skill in mgmt, because she wouldn't even listen to what I had to say, and immediately tried to put the blame on me the customer saying their rates our cheap/low, (so I guess they don't owe you any service or respect or give a crap what happens with your stay, basically you get what you deserve)- also tried to say front desk closes at 12, though this happened a little after 10- she then said that someone had an emergency so no one was available, she then came out to pull a sign out from behind the desk to show who/where to call after hours for emergency- did not see this sign anywhere when I went down to desk at night, it was all dark and gated up but no sign I could see- not my job to hunt all over for another # to call, book says to call "0" on phone- this should be forwarded to reach whoever is on call, or the # should be on the recording- no one should be expected to go down to the desk late at night in their underwear to search for someone or # to call- what if you were a 90 yr old lady or had a bunch of sleeping kids? Never stayed in a motel ever where you can't reach someone by pressing "0"! what if the toilet was overflowing or you lost your room key?? anything could happened, hotel guests should not be left unattended- any emergency could occur, not too mention why would you be closed at 10pm on a Sat night, when people could be stopping in to get a room?! Mgr was very rude and unprofessional, never apologized once- also she tried to say the man had a medial marijuana card (which I believe she only came up with bc I mentioned that is what the man told me) but when asked why he was in a non smoking room she said well they didn't know that? what so the man asked for a non smoking room and then told you after checking out that oh by the way he had a med card, doesn't make sense!! Rather than apologizing for the inconvenience and listening to our complaint calmly, she instead immediately blamed the customer like it was my fault, screamed at me, chased after me and followed to room telling me I had to leave, I thought she was going to hit me, what kind of mgmt is this?? WORST SERVICE & STAY EVER!
- Also Known As:
- Oak Ridge Hotel Pagosa Springs
- Oak Ridge Hotel
- Oak Ridge Pagosa Springs
- Oak Ridge Lodge Pagosa Springs, Colorado
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Full service hotel, all amenities; best location next to hot springs, in the center of historic downtown. Free Hot or Cold Breakfast, Free Wi fi, 24 hour indoor, non-chlorinated swimming pool, SPA, sauna, game room. Children under 12 stay free. Pets allowed. Discount tickets: Hot Springs, Golf, Wolf Creek Skiing, rafting, hunt-fishing guides. Gourmet coffee, hair dryers, irons, cable tv. Shuttle to casino, airport, golf restaurants. Groups, catering and meeting facilities and discounts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, EasyToBook, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and Tingo so you can book your Oak Ridge Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.