Traveled from asia with my wife and 2 boys aged 11 and 15. Got this hotel via priceline, at a great rate and on that basis booked two rooms . I called in advance and requested adjoining rooms and made them aware of my late arrival. Upon check in the staff worked on my room request for a few minutes before we went to our rooms. My thinking is that they did not block rooms for me and had to scamper to get these adjoining rooms. Unfortunately these rooms were directly in front of the elevators and had baby cribs in them as well. Guess I was right about not blocking our rooms.Yikes!!!!! These rooms could not be worse positioned if you wanted peace and quiet for a good nights rest.. Being a well seasoned traveler I went back to reception and after a few minutes they told me those were the only adjoing rooms available but if I wanted they could place me in rooms near eachother. We agreed and that worked out well. The hotel lobby is atrium style and looks appealing. Very presentable and clean. The staff at the front desk however were not enthusiastic about the check in process. Not one smile or greeting. I kind of felt I was making them work to hard as it was midnite but hey I am sure late night check in is part of there job description.
After putting our bags in our room we went down to the bar where me and my wife had a glasses of wine to unwind after our 20 hour journey. Our boys had desert in the resturant. The staff at the bar and the waiter serving us and our kids, as well as the atmosphere were both very warm and friendly.
Both rooms were a little bit dated but none the less were clean and comfortable. Bathrooms were also clean and fully functional with no issues. This hotel is adequate especially for the price I paid. Be aware that there are no frills and every service has a price. Breakfast buffet is not included in the hotel rate but it looked very good. In room internet cost 10 dollars for 24 hour usage. Parking fee is also 10 dollars for 24 hours with unlimited entries and exits. The lobby does have free Wifi (I think). All in all I was very satisifed with this hotel , especially with the price I paid thru Priceline. There is good value here especially if a good night sleep is what your after. Also the location of the hotel is a little off the beaten path (off I-95) as it is located in the business district of Stamford and is a few minutes drive from the center of town. You do not want to walk it especially with children and especially at night. A car makes travel very convenient.
In short I would stay here again based on the great deal I got from Priceline. If paying full price (retail) you may want to shop around depending on your needs.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Stamford Hotel And Executive Meeting Center
- Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Stamford
- Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting
- Hilton Hotel Stamford
- Stamford Hilton
- Hilton Stamford
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located outside of New York City -- with access to Amtrak, Metro-North and I-95 — the recently renovated Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center offers the ideal combination of convenience, comfort and courteous service. Following a multimillion-dollar renovation, our hotel boasts newly refurbished guest rooms, spacious suites, and state of the art event and meeting space. Unwind after a long work day at our restaurant and lounge, serving American cuisine and cocktails throughout the day. Or relax in our sparkling swimming pool or heated whirlpool. Surrounded by dynamic businesses and local attractions, our upscale accommodations will enhance your upcoming visit or corporate gathering. A popular choice among Stamford hotels, the Hilton is a landmark destination with easy access to both Boston and New York City. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hilton Hotels, Hotels.com, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.