We just came home from our third visit to Deer Run Bed and Breakfast. Our first trip here was Feb. 2008. We quite possibly have found the best vacation spot ever. Jen and Harry are the consummate hosts. They truly care about their guests. Every morning, they inform you about what's going on in the area from the weather to restaurants to the wackiness of Key West. They also care deeply about the planet and all it's inhabitants! We've learned a great deal about life and how to live it from these two caring folks.
Now about the food.... Jen makes the best muffins you can possibly imagine, vegan or not ! ! The smoothies are fabulous, pancakes, waffles, little casseroles, fresh fruit, are all delicious. You truthfully can't finish all the food placed in front of you for breakfast. I am health conscious about my diet, but not vegan, what Jen cooks up is truly an adventure every morning.
The grounds on the property are spotless and well kept. There are bikes for the guests to use as well as kayaks and even a 'hydro-bike'... what a hoot that is. The salt water pool and jacuzzi just make it even more special.
I could go on and on. Suffice it to say we love the place and the folks who run it!
- Also Known As:
- Deer Run Hotel Big Pine Key
- Deer Run Bed And Breakfast
- Deer Run Hotel
- Deer Run Bed & Breakfast Big Pine Key, Florida Keys
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Caribbean-style eco-friendly home is a State of Florida Certified green lodge. Nestled in lush native trees on the island of Big Pine, down a private, dead-end street. We’re 2 miles off the highway, directly on the Atlantic Ocean…You won’t find us unless you're looking. Come relax at our amazing oceanfront B&B, feast on our organic breakfasts, and let your worries melt away. All our amenities are included: bikes, kayaks, park pass, aquabike, snorkle equipment. ... more less